cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End to End Monitoring Configuration Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a problem to configure the End to end monitoring. This is error that i got :

Monitoring configuration created but not activated: Transport could not be started. The activation was therefore stopped. RFC ping failed for the following RFC destinations (created upon saving) in the system XIP220: PMIXIP220

Incorrect RFC Destinations: When the configuration is saved, an RFC destination is created on the monitoring server for each XI component to enable end-to-end monitoring of the respective XI component. However, the test call failed for the destinations listed. Therefore, you must check the call and the authorization on the monitoring server for the destinations concerned, by using transaction SM59. Also check whether RFC user used for the destination is maintained in the relevant XI component. Note that a component can only be monitored when its RFC destination is maintained correctly.

Incorrect RFC Destinations

Component Type Name of Component RFC Destination Message for RFC Call

XIIntegrationServer is.00.gfmasxi PMIXIP220 Name or password is incorrect (repeat logon)

Please help me.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

What i should after changes the connection in SM59 ? Because everytime i save the configuration always generate new connection ? with user PIRWBUSER.

FYI :

The master password is 9 digit and the i realize that some of the screen only accept 8 digit. (i guess that system only recognize 8 digit that's why got problem).

Which part i should changes if i want to change the default password for PIRWBUSER.

Regards

Fernand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fernand,

The master password is 9 digits..Right in RWB End2End Configuration it accepts only 8 char.

Now when you enable end2end confi you need to enter username and password. Right..

<b>Which part i should changes if i want to change the default password for PIRWBUSER.</b> <b>Theres no need to change the default password. Dont change</b>.

You can procced in this way..

What i understand is that you are able to login to end2end monitoring and select the business systems. Once you do that then depending on the systems selected in end2end monitoring RFC destination is created in XI.

Most of the times the destination which is created in XI has wrong parameters be it userid/password or target host/ gateway host / gateway service.

So all you need to do is go to SM59 in XI .. Check all the destinations starting with PMI and then enter the correct parameters.

If you got futher doubts post the same.

Regards,

Sumit

ps : award points if that helped u .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fernand,

Login to your XI system. Go to transaction code SM59.

Find destination XIP220, PMIXIP220 .

Check if both the destinaitons work using the test button. IF the destination doesnt work then you have to change certain parameters like Target Host, Gateway Host, Gateway Service, and dont forget to enter username and pasword .

Regards,

SUmit