cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

printing form

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I have made few changes in the tab position of a item data & header data of a form when i checked the print preview by setting logical destination it is ok.but when set to different logical system the positioning is completely changed & not uniform .what may be the problem it is urgent please.

thanks & regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It may be the Printer settings problem

generally we come across this type problem with Hp printers etc

see the OSS note

OSSNote:960341

Symptom

In some device types (e.g HPLJ4, HPLJ5) you experience non-uniform character spacing in the PDF document after the PDF conversion of SAPscript or Smart Forms documents, using HELVE or TIMES fonts. You want to know the reason.

Other terms

CONVERT_OTF, SAPscript, Smart Forms

Reason and Prerequisites

The problem is not due to an error in the PDF converter but due to the fact, that the printer font, underlying the device type (e.g. Univers or CG Times in PCL-5 device types), is not available for the PDF converter and is either not available in Adobe Reader. The PDF converter has to try to simulate the layout of the printer font by means of a font which is predefined in Adobe Reader. This is done by assigning the letter widths of the printer font to the font used in Adobe Reader.

The PDF file contains a table with letter widths, used by Adobe Reader in the output of text, for each used printer font (except PostScript fonts).

Example:

%Charwidth values from HP4300 HELVE 060 normal

/Widths

[ 278 333 500 633 633 1000 758 333 333 333 633...

Adobe reader converts this width table, by modifying the space between each character, so that the specified letter width (= space between the current and the next letter) is kept.

This 'Simulation' of printer fonts results in the sometimes visible irregular spaces in PDF.

The PDF converter always uses the Helvetica Adobe PostScript font for the display of HELVE and the Times Roman Adobe PostScript font for the display of TIMES. However, for these Adobe PostScript fonts, Adobe Reader often uses a Windows TrueType font, which differs slightly from the original PostScript font.

Solution

Workaround: Use the POST2 PostScript device type or the PDF1 PDF device type for the PDF conversion of documents in the Latin-1 character set. They both use the Adobe PostScript fonts Helvetica or Times Roman for the HELVE/TIMES printer fonts.

Header Data

Release Status: Released for Customer

Released on: 30.06.2006 12:44:06

Priority: Recommendations/additional info

Category: Consulting

Primary Component: BC-CCM-PRN Print and Output Management

Secondary Components: BC-SRV-SCR SAPscript

Reward points for useful Answers

Regards

Anji

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

can u suggest me a solution so this problem with preview is solved .how can i check the printer settings.points will be rewarded handsomely.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

Each printer have different settings as well as they can read in different code. so print priview is different from others. the different is also in spaces only. so no problem about that. according to that we can adjust the allignment.

Hope this helps you. Reply for queries, shall post the updates.

Regards.

Kumar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi kumar,

that means i have to set the alignment by taking that particular printer into account.

regards

mahesh