cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using the company e-mail iD

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi SDN,

I raised this concern while being in a discussion in Wiki on the topic" How SDN helped me solve my problems"

my suggestion is this:-

Could you please take something other than the e-mail id to identify the company where an SDN member is working?"

say for example an SDN member working at a company ABC will have the official e-mail ID as pqr.xyz@abc.com

and he would be identified under abc.com and abc.com would be listed under Top companies.

But the problem is that most of the companies has a strict rule of using company e-mail IDs outside. So can we use the personal mail ID instead of this? Anyway we are mentioning the compnay name under the column for Company name.

I do understand that there would be security issues involved with that. Like if someone specified abc.com under the company column if he/she is not actually working there.

But I do have a solution also for this. Send a mail to the company id giving a code to be used in the login or somewhere. Once this is done the user can be identified as working for this company and later on all the thread updates and notifications can be sent to his personal(alternative) mail ID.

Most of the company mail boxes have limited spacing capacity also.

When I raised this in discussion with Bairon, Talila of SAP-Wiki, I had been advised to post this is Suggestions forum.

Please do the needful.

Cheers.

Steeelman.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You issue is of great concern. But based on my experience, my company is appreciating my efforts for providing solutions in the forum & also improving the positioning in Top Companies. as concern for disclosure of email ID, there is an option where our email ID can be kept in Hide mode, so that others cannot view it. Not only email ID there are other information in Profile which can be maintained in Hide mode.

Friend, this forum will get you recognition & not problems.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Reward suitable points.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

closed

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem is actually quite a bit more general than what you might think.

Please see this post for a better understanding:

"Plain Text" never works.