cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile Maintenance

Former Member
0 Kudos

In sap by login RZ11 tocde we can maintaine profiles, whenever modifying user auto log out through rdisp\GUI_loggout prile . I am configuring it as 900 sec, but next day it will not be working . so is there any settings to set it as permanently to 900 sec. ..................................................................

And one more thing can we set user lock for 3 incorrect password by pfile

login\fails_to_user_lock . I tried once but where shoud i chane the value............................................................................................

And last one I can set default client o k . But i couldn't do default user . Can we set , If it is there any profile just tell me .............................Raj kumar waiting for ur responce.....................................................

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

<b>rdisp/gui_auto_logout</b>

Maximum time of no input at the GUI, no need to restart the sap system after changing the parameter because it is dynamically switchable parameter the change is not permanent and will be lost when the server is restarted

<b>Parameter description:</b>

If no entry is made for rdisp/gui_auto_logout (in seconds), the frontend is automatically logged off.

If the parameter has the value 0, no automatic logoff

<b>Note: - If you change parameter in RZ11, the change is not permanent and will be lost when the server is restarted

If you want to set this parameter permanently than you have to change the parameter in RZ10 and parameter get effected only after system restart.</b>

<b>I suggest you to set the parameter in RZ10 for permanently to 900s</b>

1) Goto <b>RZ10</b> T-code

2) Select profile as <b>Instance Profile</b>

Select Edit profile as <b>Extended maintenance</b>

Click on <b>Change</b> tab

3) Goto <b>Parameter</b>(menu bar) --> click on <b>Create</b>

Specify parameter name --- rdisp\gui_ auto_logout

Specify parameter value --- 900

4) Click on <b>Copy</b> tab

5) Go back (F3) and again click on <b>Copy</b> tab (In status it is going show the changed profile was transferred)

6) It will ask for save and activate

NOTE:-<b>This parameter gets activated only after system restart</b>

regards,

kanthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kanthi ,

Are you Ajay's friend , is woring at london in Tech Mahindra .

I f yes Did u remember Madhu Cap stone at Hyd.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj,

You really need to be setting profile parameters in transaction RZ10:

1. rdisp/gui_auto_logout controls the number of seconds before automatic logout. A setting of 0 means 'don't automatically log them off'

2. login/fails_to_user_lock is also set here.

3. login/system_client

Then restart the system.

Regards,

Graham