cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idoc to File scenario using Party

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have to configure Idoc to File scenario .This file needs to be posted in EDI Subsystem .My receiver partner type is LI.That means i need to use Party here.So please let me know the step by step solution to do this.Specially i want to know the configuration in Party Identifier and Receiver Communication channel Identifiers.

How the control record values from idoc are transferred to EDI File structure and how will XI identify one of the many customers to post the file.

All valuable suggestions will be rewarded the points.

Please send me the documents for such scenario with screen shots.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/09/13/wanna-party

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/09/08/b2b-and-the-hype-about-the-party

See if those blogs help you. I hav tried to document the party creation etc through it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anuragh,

In your case the identifiers are not used in the party and receiver determination.

You need not to configure any sender agreement for this if all the settings are done for posting the Idocs.

For the control records :- goto-->> we19 and double click the EDIDC field assign all the fields like port no , partner type etc...and map accordingly.

Thanks

Amitanshu

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Let me see if I had you requirement correct.

When the Idoc is sent from R3, sender partner type is LS and Receiver Partner Type is LI.

If yes,

1. Create a Party in ID.

2. The Agency , Scheme and Identifier will have values,

Agency --> Receiver Business System name or Business Service Name to be used for File.

Scheme --> ALE#LI

Identiier --> Value of the RCVPRN field in the idoc control Record. Basically the Receiver Partner Name.

All the Configuration In ID will use this Party as the Receiver Party and the corresponding Service asthe Receiver service.

No need for a sender party as sender partner is LS.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Yes you have understood my scenario right .My question in this Idoc to file scenario: We have many customers at receiver side.How we are telling that this file should go to particularly 4001 customer partner among many customers..I mean to ask how the field RCVPRN will be passed to file structure

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This document talks only about Idoc to Idoc scenario, in which we have the option of Header mapping as well as Apply control record values from Payload.Which tells the receiver abt their Sender Partner and post the Idoc correctly but here(idoc to file) we have no such option .So please suggest something to post the file correctly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

>>Specially i want to know the configuration in Party Identifier and Receiver Communication channel Identifiers.

I believe the advanced tab in the file receiver adapter will allow you to configure those settings

probably someone else can throw more light onto it

regards

krishna