cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test Plan Regenerated - Test Package links removed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

A Solution Manager 4 user was working on a large set of Test Packages (30) under the one test plan STWB_2.

A new document had been created in the test plan structure. To be able to include this document the user regenerated the Test Plan STWB_2 -> Test Plan -> Change - Generate Test Plan , but only at the Accounts Receviable node level, not at the top level.

Back at the test package STWB_2 -> Test Packages, this removed all of the links to documents that were not in the AR node that was re-generated. We have tried re generating the entire test plan structure to re gain the links in the test Packages, but this doesn't seem to work.

Is there any way to get back all of the links that have been lost?

Thanks

Warrick

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Warrick,

What do you mean by "regain the links in test packages"?

(1) Do you need to get the original test plan back? ---> that is possible. Just edit the test plan and include all the test documents that need to be part of the test plan and regenerate the test plan. You will get the original test plan afresh.

(2) But, if you need the results of those test cases which were executed earlier by the tester, then you might not get that. The test case results need to be captured again.

(3) What else are you looking for that is missing? Can you be more specific about what you are looking for?

Hope it helps.

best regds,

Alagammai.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

I can see the attributes, but I am not sure what I am looking for in there?

Thanks Warrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

We had a similar issue earlier with Transactions. We enabled the Tick for 'With Transactions' and it worked. May be in your case, the other setting 'Only Released Test Documents' might help. But i am not sure.

Give it a try.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the 'Default Settings' in the 'Test plan Attributes' of STWB_2