Did you mean: 

Message Mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have three senders text files

file 1cust(item,order_id,matavdate)

file2 inventory(item,locat,quant)

file 3 intransit(item,deslocat,deldate,)

target structure Ztabkle (item,order_id,matavdate,locat,quant)

how will i do the message mapping.

in which one field called ITEM is common in all the files and I have created a ZTable in the Target Structure according to the structure of the input files where in the Ztable there is one ITEM field and other fields based on the three files.please tell me how I can perform the N:1 Mapping .

Reply me at the earliest.

Thanks & Regards,

Vniay Yadav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

in msg mapping, go to messages tab........here add all the source msgs and put the target msg.............then come to design tab..........here you will have all the 3 source msgs in graphical mode............map item,order_id,matavdate from file1 to target directly..........for locat fields create a UDF take 3 inputs -item from file1, item from file2, locat from file2........change context of item, locat of file2 to topmost node........then in UDF put the logic that for item of file1 find locat of file2 by using a for loop over all the items of file2..........do this thing for quant field also..

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi;

You will have a N:1 Mapping

In the source you will take in the message type for all the 3 files and in the target you will have the structure of your Z_Table

Mapping

file 1cust(item) -- target structure Ztabkle (item)

file 1cust(order_id) -- target structure Ztabkle (order_id)

file 1cust(matavdate) -- target structure Ztabkle (matavdate)

file2 inventory(locat) -- target structure Ztabkle (locat)

file2 inventory(quant) -- target structure Ztabkle (quant)

Mudit

Award points if it helps