cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Definition of SGEN ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please tell me what is SGEN ?

And for what we have to configure that ?

( SAP4.7, MS SQL , Windows2003 Server )

Gayatry

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Umesh and Babu,

Thankyou for your response.

Could you give Links about this SGEN ?

I didn't get how to configure SGEN.

Gayatry.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is nothing to configure SGEN, its a transaction and shud be run if it is important to ur landscape,like what we told u before..

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/28/52583c65399965e10000000a114084/frameset.htm">SGEN</a>

Regards

Umesh K

Former Member

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, Now it's clear.

Thank you

Regards,

Gayatry.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I have to run SGEN and have to recycle the server as well for clearing out memory, does it make sense to run SGEN first and recycle afterwards, because SGEN will sort of litter the memory or is it inconsequential what runs first.

SGEN is ued to "compile" ABAP programs. Results are put in database.

So, if you restart SAP, compiled results will still be in the database, so, no need to run SGEN again.

Make use of the transaction 'SGEN' to re-generate all the SAP programs after you change version of your SAP kernel, upgrade SAP system or apply support packages.

Do take care of the table spaces and use SAPDBA to observe them.

Do it during a weekend which is the best or a period of time with very very low users activity.

It will takes about 5 to 8 hours depending on the type of hardware configuration you are using.

by.

pkalenthirababu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Its is SAP Load Generator, it will compile all new sap objects for newly imported supportpacks or after SAP installtion or after SAP upgradation..

regards

Umesh K