cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP: File receiver cc error...Looks pretty simple...Can U solve this

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have a simple scenario of sending the file from shared directory to FTP. When I execute the sceanrio..sender is picking up the file ..No issues in SXMB_MONI...but when I checked in the message monitoring...at adapter level for file receiver which is using FTP..This is what its throwing...

Delivery of the message to the application using connection AFW failed, due to: com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 550 '/': File exists.

Looks like some thing to do with the directory path...and also FTP is built on UNIX environment...

I tried all the possibilities for target directory.....

1) /

Delivery of the message to the application using connection AFW failed, due to: com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 550 '/': File exists.

2) \

Connect to FTP server "ftp.abc.com", directory "\"

Error Attempt to process file failed with com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 257 "/\" is the current directory.

Error Exception caught by adapter framework: com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 257 "/\" is the current directory.

Error Delivery of the message to the application using connection AFW failed, due to: com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 257 "/\" is the current directory..

AND when I check the FTP server its creating the directory with "\"

3) ./

Success Connect to FTP server "ftp.abc.com", directory "./"

Error Attempt to process file failed with com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 550 './': File exists

Error Exception caught by adapter framework: com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 550 './': File exists

4) .\

Success Connect to FTP server "ftp.abc.com", directory ".\"

Attempt to process file failed with com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 257 "/.\" is the current directory.

Error Exception caught by adapter framework: com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 257 "/.\" is the current directory.

Error Delivery of the message to the application using connection AFW failed, due to: com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 257 "/.\" is the current directory..

EVEN HERE it created the ".\" folder on FTP site.

5) Finally tried "."

Success Connect to FTP server "ftp.abc.com", directory "."

Error Attempt to process file failed with com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 550 '.': File exists

Error Exception caught by adapter framework: com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 550 '.': File exists

Error Delivery of the message to the application using connection AFW failed, due to: com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 550 '.': File exists.

Error The message status set to NDLV.

I AM pretty sure that it works with out mentiong any directory path as some of the unix system allow that...But in XI target directory is mandatory field....

DID ANYONE FACED THIS KINDAA ISSUE BEFORE..ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED AND

OBVIOUSLY POINTS WILL AWARDED....

Regards,

Raju

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just try it, it works on our systems. Exactly like I typed it in my last message. I think you should only use the periods in your project, no "/"'s or "\"'s.

Message was edited by:

Paul Reimius Schroeder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Same kind of error:

Success Connect to FTP server "ftp.abc.com", directory "test"

2007-06-27 10:04:49 Error Attempt to process file failed with com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 257 "/test" is the current directory.

2007-06-27 10:04:49 Error Exception caught by adapter framework: com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 257 "/test" is the current directory.

Delivery of the message to the application using connection AFW failed, due to: com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 257 "/test" is the current directory..

2007-06-27 10:04:49 Error The message status set to NDLV.

Former Member
0 Kudos

First confirm from your third party FTP providers....I mean to the FTP server to which you are connecting is following RFC 959...If its not then throws all kinds of weird errors as in your case....

SAP says " The application of FTP should follow specification RFC 959. The specification can be found on the Internet under www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc0959.txt.".

If its not the only way is to write a batch file and connect to FTP and push the file there....Look for operating system level commands...in your receiver CC...

Hope this helps......

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

in ur directory path piut this "." . dot only no quotes and leave it dont enter anything it takes the current directory that is default directory

regards

Sreeram.G.Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sreeram,

Have you read my question...I even tried that option before posting this...No use...

Thanks,

Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can u check if you have already existing in that directory already if it is their please delete it and retry again with "." you should get different error rather than file exhist error

Regards

Sreeram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is the result:

Attempt to process file failed with com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 550 '.': File exists

Error Exception caught by adapter framework: com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 550 '.': File exists

Error Delivery of the message to the application using connection AFW failed, due to: com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 550 '.': File exists.

Error The message status set to NDLV.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

As you said it looks like some problem with third party FTP server...And then till we could n't confirm whether their FTP site is following the RFC 959 standard or not...Can you just tell what I need to write in batch file....

Regards,

Raju.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raju,

ftp -s:
<shared>\abc.txt >
<shared>\ftpresult\ftpresult.txt

MOVE
<yoursource directory>\*.txt
<shared>\archive ( to archive the file)

and in abc.txt:

open <ftp>

<user>

<password>

put
<source directory of your file>\*.txt

quit

you can even check your ftpresult.txt file to see whether it executed perfectly or not....and finally use that batch file in the receiver communication channel with full path..

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks ravi,

What you said is correct the FTP server is not following the RCF 959 standard......Your solution solved my problem...

Thanks again.

Raju...

Former Member
0 Kudos

See the above message

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

My recommendation for directory path is to just have it the same as the file name

Directory: example.abc.com

File name Sceme: 'example.abc.com'

I wonder if maybe you have a file on the system that is called example.abc, so when you try to create the file example.abc.com it gives you the file exists error. I'm just throwing ideas, I don't really know much about unix.

Also, what are your processign parameters?

Former Member
0 Kudos

But its creating directory with the parameter what ever I specify for "Directoy" except in case of "/"......

File Construction mode : Create

Put File: Directly

File Type: Binary

Thanks,

Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raju,

did you check-in the "Create Target Directory" flag in the receiver CC?

Regards,

Andras

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are on XI 3.0 SP14...I don't know whether this option in available this SP.....I cross checked but there is no option in receiver CC...

Thanks,

Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mamidi,

From your Desktop go to Command prompt and give FTP <Ip address or Ftp location>. Then it asks for username and password. Give them as you have in FTP communication channel. Then give the command PWD. It gives you the directory name. Put it in your reciever communication channel and run your scneario. Check once again by logging from CMD prompt and give ls. You can see the file whether it created or not.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried that one too before posting...But no use...

Thanks,

Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mamidi,

When you tried that option what is the result you are getting?

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I did that it showed Present working directory(PWD) as /...I used that option too.

Thanks,

Raju