Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic table in Smartform

andrs_sarcevic
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello there...

In a smartform, I defined a table node in main window wich has 14 columns. These columns are dynamic in each printout. It could print any number of columns, although the table node is defined with 14 columns.

Because of this, I have defined 14 templates, one for each possible print out (1 column, 2 columns,..., 14 columns), and I have to define a folder node (with page protection) and within a DETAIL_ITEM line with 14 text nodes printing the data and a SEPARATOR line with 14 text nodes printing a separation line for each item (----

).

This leaves a variable space in each page between the last separation line and the bottom line of the template.

I need a fixed space instead of a variable one or fixed-vertical-lenght registers.

Is there any way to archieve this or it will be always based on the printing data?

'Cause for now, my vote goes for the second choice...

Thank you for your time.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

andrs_sarcevic
Contributor
0 Kudos

If you can't predict how many lines your detail area would have, you can't achieve a fixed space at the end of the details, between the last line and the bottom of the box table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is it your problem solved ?

Just sharing an idea, since your table is a dynamic.

Intead of declaring a template/table node, print the data in tabluar format by printing the horizontal and vertical line with graphical image, with a proper

IF-ENDIF condition. First create two graphics one horizontal line and the other for vertical line. In the data loop after each field record print the varticle line and after each record line print the vertical line. Before printing the data line you need to find the number of records and number of columns in you table accordingly adjust the length and width.

Regards,

Amarjit

andrs_sarcevic
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello there. Thank you for the answer and sorry for this delayed response.

This would be a nice solution to try out, but unfortunately, I can't predict how many records are going to be printed on each page. That's because the record item has a variable lenght, so it could be up to 5 lines in one cell.

Hopefully, the functional analyst took my first solution.

Regards,

Andrés Sarcevic.