Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration from BW 3.x to BI v7.0 Analysis Authorizations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All!

We are converting our security from BW 3.x Reporting Authorizations to BI v7.0 Analysis Authorizations. My questions are as follows:

We you make the IMG change in BI v7.0 in IMG transaction RSCUSTV23, does your old BW Reporting security disappear from roles or is it still there?

Are there any other IMG settings, etc that need to be done in order for the new BI v7.0 Analysis Authotizations to work?

If I ran a test query on a role that only had the old reporting authorizations after I switch the IMG transaction RSCUSTV23 to the new Analysis Authorizations, will it still run or should it just error out?

thanks in advance for your help!

1 REPLY 1

0 Kudos

Hi,

Here are the answeres for your questions

1) We you make the IMG change in BI v7.0 in IMG transaction RSCUSTV23, does your old BW Reporting security disappear from roles or is it still there?

The old Reporting security disappears but the objects are still exists. If need you can switch back to the old concept

2) Are there any other IMG settings, etc that need to be done in order for the new BI v7.0 Analysis Authotizations to work?

RSCUSTV23 is the only setting need to be set to choose the authorization method

3) If I ran a test query on a role that only had the old reporting authorizations after I switch the IMG transaction RSCUSTV23 to the new Analysis Authorizations, will it still run or should it just error out?

Unless you create the Analysys authorizations (or do migrate) the authorizations are not affective.