cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business System and Routing

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have an R/3 System client 100 and we have two abap programs called ABAP1 and ABAP2 sending the same PO idoc to XI. (It is SAP's IDOC and NOT user defined IDOC)

But now the Receiver is varied depending on the ABAP1 or ABAP2 Program, if it is ABAP1 Program we have to route it the Receiver11 and if it is ABAP2 we have to route it to Receiver22.

Since the two programs ABAP1 and ABAP2 are sitting on the same business system, XI can't differentiate which ABAP program has send it, so at XI level its not possible for us to decide the Receiver.

Whats the best way to deal the above situation.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sridharreddy_kondam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Pete,

If both Abap Programs are sending same PO Idoc then there should be some additonal fields or Segments in each of the idoc ... If you can differntiate the mandatory segments(or fields) then you can use the condition in the Receiver determination and send it to respective recievers...

Regards,

sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sridhar, you are Correct.

But they dont want to change the Existing SAP SUPPLIED IDOC, thats where the issue is,

So if there is a way other than adding a segment or adding a field?

sridharreddy_kondam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pete,

I think the idoc will have Logical Receiver field ... In segment EDI_DC40 ... or may be another field..

So just send that field value w.r.t the Abap Program...

i think you can change this in the abap program and send (say send for abap prg1 Rec1 and abap prg2 Rec2 for that field).. ?

Now in XI use the Receiver determination condition??

Regards,

sridhar

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What about using different ports for each program?

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Henrique,

Two Ports for two different ABAP programs , how to do that? would you be more detailed?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sridhar, would you please throw more info on the EDI_DC40 segment please/

Also, would it be possible for me to say to which receiver the IDOC is been sent, by using the Control Record?

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pete,

There is one more field CIMTYP ,u can use that and set the value as sridhar said. Coz , if u see the description of this field it says Enhancement(Customer-defined).

But i'm not sure pete, plz wait let others confirm too.

Best regards,

raj.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pete,

Is there any possiblities for u to use XPATH and determining the value in Receiver determination.. Did u tried this.

Best regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Problem is both the ABAP programs are using the SAME IDOC Structure, so at the XI level there is NO USE in going for a XPATH determination, because on what basis you are going to distinguish that, there is NO FIELD in the idoc talks about the SENDER.

So it will be on the Sender side where they have to differentiate the data what they are sending? So thats where I am in need of help, if an IDOC has been created by two different programs there is a way to distinguish at the IDOC level who has created that?