cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to develop a simple J2EE application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I installed WebAS640_SP7 version on Windows 2000. It is running properly. Can anybody tell me how-to develop a simple J2EE application and deploy it through deploytool rather than Developer Studio.

Thanks in advance.

Regds

Chiranjeevi Aluri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chiranjeevi

If you dont want it to develope through the studion then you have to make sure that all the Deployment descritor file for a simple web ap and the OR mapping files klike persistent.xml ,ejb-j2eeengine.xml file have to be created manually by you.

You need to wrap all your jar and war file and using the deploytool you need to bundle all in the ear file and then deploy it through the deploytool

Here is the link for using DeployTool

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/1e/ae0e1675acb443873ebd952ab98607/content.htm

Hope it helps

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sai,

Now i have the Simple Session Bean classes and one jsp page to access the bean with the help of some proxy class. Now i want to create a .ear file for this thru DeployTool.(This is just like calculator example,which comes with WAS). And after opening the tool should i change some settings to deploy. Please can you explain it clearly.

Regards

Chiranjeevi A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chiranjeevi

Note : check if all the XML file like web.xml,web-j2ee.xml,ejb-jar.xml file entries are proper

Okay here are the steps

Check out DeployTool.bat in /usr/sap/J2E/JC00/j2ee/deploying, it was much easier to use, and actually worked.

In DeployTool GUI:

Click Project -> New Project

Enter folder/name for new project files such as foo.dlp

Choose the Assembler tab.

Right click and select Add archive, then browse to .war file to add

Right Click on .war file and select Make Ear

Click on the Deployer Tab. Right click on foo.ear and select

connect (Administrator / *****), click connect

Right click on foo.ear and select Deployment -> Deploy Ear

At Application deployed, Do you want to start it, click Yes

(One request to you is please assign some points wherever you feel the replies have solved your problem)

Hope that helps.

Sai