cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raise Alert based on conditions in Data Node

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there.

I have a requirement to raise an alert in BPM if the date field (which is a 1:n) in a message does not contain in two of the date fields, a timestamp of "00:00:00" in one and "24:00:00" in another.

In practice, there will be hundreds of other time stamps in the list.

E.g. Good Message - Do not raise alert as conditions met:

List-Time1: <b>00:00:00</b>

List-Time2: 00:01:00

List-Time3: <b>24:00:00</b>

List-Time4: 21:00:00

E.g. Bad Message - Raise alert as conditions not met:

List-Time1: <b>00:00:00</b>

List-Time2: 00:01:00

List-Time3: 23:00:00

List-Time4: 21:00:00

Any suggestions on how this could be achieved?

Thank you for your time.

Mick.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Probably you need to loop through whole timestamps and check whether the ones you need are existing or not...How ?

Use loop and check all the timestamps and before that create variables(kindaa flags)...When you meet 00:00:00 then change the flag and also when you meet 24:00:00 then change the other flag ......When you come out of the loop...create a switch and check whether the condition is met or not...(Two flags have changed or not)...if yes do you work....in branch otherwise throw exception or do vice versa...

Hope this helps...

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi.

Thanks for you response. I will progress with your suggestion. Just wonderring do you know if what I am attempting to do could be handled within the Condition Editor/Expression Editor?

Thanks again Ravi.

Mick.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It works only if the messages are fixed...not in your case...You can even try that....but I think it only checks the condition for first time stamp....and decides according to that....

Regards,

ravi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mick,

In your mapping program , write the logic as if List_time 1 not equals 00:00:00 or List_Time3 not equals 24:00:00 then throw Runtime exception.

Call this Transformation step inside Block step of BPM. Right click on the block and choose Insert Exception branch. Place the control block over there and choose throw alert.

I hope it will help solve ur issue.

Best regards,

raj.