cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebDynpro Seach help / Value Help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

How to implement value help for a field if have to show the values from database.

Should I again call a BAPI for that exclusively or WebDynpro provide some automation for this.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Sujan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

joerg_singler
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Web Dynpro offers different ways to provide valuehelp. It introduces help for key-value-pairs and also an advanced search for a more complex value-/objecthelp. The second more complex one bases on the Web Dynpro model implementations. So my first questions: do you want to get data via JDBC or just via e.g. RFC? Which model implementation do you use for getting remote data?

Regards Joerg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the source for the value help is R/3, then you have two choices.

1) If the ABAP Dictionary element has a check table associated with it, Web dynpro will automatically provide the value help for you.

2) If you have to check against a custom R/3 table, you can use the technique described in the article <b>Simplified Queries of SAP Tables from Java</b> (Search for this string in SDN).

HTH,

Ravi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi:

I am accessing a table in which some columns do have the check table association. The data entered by the user is checked for correctness against that table but value help does not automatically show up.

Do I have to do anything specific from within the webdynpro application to make the value help show up?

Thanks

Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is a real good question, and I would like to see an answer to this or at least a clarification how it is best done with a BAPI call.

Regards,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have developed a program which integrates the "Elementary search help of SAP" via ITS with Web Dynpro..Even I am interested in knowing wether there is a default technique given by SAP?

Thanks and Regards,

Sam Mathew