cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug at HorizontalGutter UI element?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a popup window with a view on it, displaying some text input fields. The root container has the MatrixLayout set, and I have four columns on my view. Now I want to separete the input fields from the close button with a HorizontalGutter UI element. In order to display this gutter from one end to the other I set the colSpan value to "4" because of my four columns. The button has this value set as well to display it in the middle of the view.

Everything works as expected in layout preview (SE80) -- I have my input fields in four columns on several lines, below the horizontal gutter from one end to the other, and below the button to close the popup, centered in the view.

Now when I activate this view, load the application into Internet Explorer, and open the popup, I do get my view as expected -- the input fields in their four columns, the button below centered at the popup window. Only one problem: the gutter is only as long as the first column; not as expected as long as the popup window is broad.

Any ideas why this could happen? I think I have the right settings, because it works as expected in layout preview. And the colSpan "4" works for the button good!

Best regards and thanks in advance, Matthias

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

So, finally I got it. I don't know exactly what I have changed, but it works now. I have set all width values to 100%, the alignment to center and the colSpan to 4.

Now I will see if I can reproduce the error somehow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you try setting the width in pixels px.

Eg:1000px..

You will have to do trial and error basically to get it right.

I use this when i face these kinds of alignment issues and it seems to work fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have already tried it with colSpan "1" and width "100%", but that did not work. And I am not sure that you are right, because for the button I use colSpan "4" and "center", and only then (after set the colSpan value to "4") the button is centered in the view. So I think I do need the colSpan value, even for the Matrix Layout ...

And don't forget: As I have said, the gutter is displayed correctly in the layout preview in SE80, after I have said the colSpan value. So I wonder why it is not displayed correctly in browser?!

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are right, by specifying the colspan it works fine even without specifying any width. I have tried the same thing, and it works fine for me. Both horizontalGutter and button are displayed as expected both in se80 and in the actual application. The gutter is displayed fine with alignment set to beginOfLine or center, in both cases.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's really strange, because I have tried the same at another view and there it works fine, in SE80 and in the browser. I have to investigate it further...

Former Member
0 Kudos

The view I tried is a normal view., not in popup mode. Does anything change because of it being in a popup window?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think so, because it works in another view, which is a popup as well...

But it seems to work now, have to check.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mathias,

The Matrix layout does not work based on column count. It is only the grid layout that is based on columns. A matrix layout works based on what you specify as matrix head data and matrix data. So in your case, if you want the gutter to span the whole view, you could specify the width as 100%. It should work.

Regards,

Nithya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias,

Can you try setting the Matrix layout width to 100%?

Shruthi