cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in IDOC before going to XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I am getting an IDOC error on records from ME22N right before it is supposed to be sent to XI. It works fine in our DEV environment but fails in our QA environment. The error I get is:

<b>No IDoc items belonging to purchasing document found</b>

I am not familiar with IDOC's or how they are set up, I just know that it is working in one box and not the other. All transports have moved successfully and there is no difference in the code.

Thanks for the help!

Mike

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all of the help with this. It looks like there is no way to do it the way we want. We are going to have to change our Business Process for ICH so that we set the custom flag when the Purchase Order is created and not allow the users to try to change it later.

Thanks, again, to everyone.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>>>No IDoc items belonging to purchasing document found

Michael are you sure it's an outbound IDOC with this error ?

and not inbound ?

BTW

PO IDOC distribution is described as step by step in:

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/10/11/xi-new-book-mastering-idoc-business-scenarios-with-sap-xi"><b>Mastering IDoc Business Scenarios with SAP XI</b></a>

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, yes it is outbound from R3 to XI and then on to ICH. When it works it it shows as on outbound IDOC in WE05.

Thanks for the help and the info!

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

An update to the problem. We have a custom flag that when it is checked should set the message to green but when it is the only thing checked it always turns red. But, if I check our custom flag and the Delivery Complete flag (or uncheck the Delivery Complete flag) the message always goes through as green. Is there somewhere or something that triggers when an IDOC is created by a change or change field?

Thanks

Mike

former_member431549
Contributor
0 Kudos

In table T166C, which is maintained in IMG under something like "Fields Relevant to Printouts of Changes" under purchasing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, I saw the table and added our field, but I still have to use another field from that list and not just ours. Is there something else I need to do?

Thanks

Mike

former_member431549
Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not sure I understand your issue. Do you have a custom field you want to use as a change trigger ? If so, has this field been appended to one of the standard purchasing document tables ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, yes this is a custom field for ICH relevant Purchase Orders we added to the tab in ME22N. We also appended the field to EKKO. The purpose is, that if the flag is NOT checked we don't create the IDOC to send to ICH. But if the box is checked, we then create the IDOC to send through XI to ICH. We want to trigger the event on the check box, not having to do the check box and another field to get it to work.

Hope this clears it up for you and thanks for your help.

Mike

former_member431549
Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, not sure if you can do this without abap user exit. Maybe someone else will know. Good luck.

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check whether IDOC is created in the Qty box.

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How would I check that? It used to be created in the QA box as it used to work there as well. Now it just works in the DEV box.

Thanks

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

i think you are using a PO number from DEV into QA system then you are getting the above error................its reason can be that the items which are listed in the PO are not available on QA system.........so just create those articles..........or create a new PO with the articles available in the QA system then your PO idoc will be created........

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked and we are not crossing over PO's from DEV to QA. I am not sure, on one, I changed to a different PO in DEV and I got the IDOC and the green message light. Then when I tried to save it again I got the red light and the same error message. Could there be something wrong in the config or with the data?