cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I see the past stat data?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We're looking for a way to check the past stat data. We backed up the stat file, e.g. stat50, stat51,stat52... We tried to use the report RSSTAT26 and specified the backed up stat file, but it did not return any records.

As stat/max_files is set to 48, we can see the stat data for 2 days via transaction STAD. But we'd like know how to see the stat older than 2 days.

Does anyone have an idea?

Regards,

Masako

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I tried to see the data pertaining to the last month it gave me replies for the same.

Hence, you can use stad/stat for statistical evaluation for a period of time and it is not restricted to 2 days.

if you want to make further analysis on what each user has done and what changes are made to which objects then you can go through the transactions SM19/SM20 for an user based audit for a period of time. this information is of finer granularity.

hope this helps. and for more information please refer help.sap.com.

Plz reward points if helpful.

Regards,

Sree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sree,

Thanks for your information. Unfortunately we cannot see any stat data which is older than 2 days by transaction STAD.

I checked help.sap.com.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/27/930e422dfcdc2ce10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

And found the following statement.

-

This means that after two days, you can no longer perform an analysis below transaction level.

-

We're looking for a way to analyze the stat files which are backed up before it is overwritten.

Our environment is as follows.

-NW7.0

-ERP 6.0

-AIX/DB2

Best regards,

Masako Konno

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are two ways to achieve this.

1) One is St03N and administrator view and check the details there.

2) The other one is enable audit logs which will not give any stat data but is security related.

I have also previously tried for the same kind of solutions but this is what we have to live with or configure central monitoring on your Solman which keeps a history of 3 years(Runsap methodology)#

Cheers,

Venkat

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use ST03 or ST03N to get old data (stored for 6 months). When you choose ST03N, ensure, you are in Expert mode. Double click on the period you want to see data (that opens up a section at the bottom in left pane). Open transaction profile at the bottom and double click on standard.

regards

Ajith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can use ST03N -as Adminstrator View

and u can find all data datre wise

Regards

Jay