cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reverse compatability

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have developed an application in xMII 11.5 SR02 version. I like to reuse the application for our client who has xMII version 11.0.

I like to know whether the application developed on 11.5 can be deployable in version 11.0.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks

Guru

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Guru,

I doubt that this was your original intention, but this is not a supported approach for development. Version 11.0 is no longer a supported product and the customer needs to put a plan in place to upgrade very soon.

Some aspects of this approach, like the web pages and query templates may work just fine, especially if you haven't used any functionality in the templates or javascript methods in 11.5 that did not exist in version 11.0. Business Logic Transactions will give you the most problems attempting to copy backwards.

DO NOT copy any system configuration files backwards onto the 11.0 server - we have had customers do this at times and create quite a mess to try to resolve on the web server.

Regards,

Jeremy Good

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jeremy Good,

Thanks for your helpful answer.

Customer has the plan for upgradation. In the meantime we like to showcase a proof of concept project for the application. This is my basic intention.

Thanks

Guru