cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cProjects Performance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just a more general question about cProjects 4.0 performance. We are running on NW SP13 and cProjects SP09 and were expecting after the patches much better performance, however its still just not really acceptable. Do other users experience a decent amount of delay when navigating around in cProjects. Going from Information Tab to Information Tab, from Detail, to Table, to Graphic/Gantt View? Does the Gantt chart generally take 5-60 seconds to process a single change in task timing or adding relationships?

We've been on cProjects 4.0 for a while now and keep hearing that patches will make the tool faster or better and I have a hard time believing that cProjects really runs this slow for everyone else... It's borderline unacceptable for use in our implementation.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

My company is currently running cPr 4.0 SP8 (NW SP11). Currently trying to implement some select SP9 notes to improve performance (1031198, 1041993), specifically related to the Gannt view (although see performance issues in other areas, ie. 60 sec to update the status of a task). We are currently struggling to get the select SP9 notes implemented and considering going right to SP9.

What was your approach and did you see an improvement from SP8 to SP9?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We just did upgrade last weekend and after working through the tool I can say its improved. Its not like night and day difference, but good. I will find out what notes were applied above the SP9. One major performance increase is the refreshing of just the area on the screen where you are working. This is not activated by default after the SP, which we realized a little while after the upgrade. After activating it, made things much better.

patrick_howald
Discoverer
0 Kudos

We have exactly the same problem with the performance. We are running now NW SP12 and cProjects SP9. As you said the performance increased with the SP9. Which additional notes did you implement after? Did you achieve a even better performance?

with regards,

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well - the system is not much faster any longer. Not sure what has happened but we did some of our test procedures and the times are rather unacceptable. We will apply now SP10 in a few weeks - I hope that this helps. User acceptance is pretty much zip at this point.

Everyone else having similar results? Anyone find cProjects to be of an acceptable performance level? Our acceptance criteria was rather mild - 3.5 seconds average response time for processing (clicking on a button) with a maximum of 10 for a single processing - not to exceed overall 3.5 seconds avg still. We are not even close to this. On average, when a user enters a date into the table view, and hits enter, it takes about 50 seconds to process.

Ouch!

patrick_howald
Discoverer
0 Kudos

We are running now cProjects SP10. The perfomance of the navigation is ok.

We still have performance problems with the gantt view.

There are already different (SP11) perfomance notes we will try to implement.

regards,

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Implementing the following notes might help you. , but for every note there are lots of pre requisite notes are there

1044487 ->

1041993 ->

1061396 ->

1060858 ->

1060395 ->

1044444 -> Implement this note also. This is a new feature in cProjects with NW 12, but you have to verify whether you can apply this in your lanscape or wait for sp10 which is scheduled for release next month end.

Iam also facing the same performance problem and trying further

Hope your situation would be better

with regards,

Ramakrishna