Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory details

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can any one tell us the amount of memory that the device must have

to use the MI and to run the MAM application successfully.

Can you please clarify if 128 MB is enough otherwise suggest the amount of memory,

Bye,

Aswini

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

i042339
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Yeah,

128 MB will be enough for the MAM application to run successfully.

Thanks

Satya

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

i042339
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Aswini,

Have you done any progress on this? 128 MB free memory will be sufficient for MAM application.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aswini

I used 64MB device (Symbol) for MI7.0 with MAM 2.5, and after synchronizing for data, we had only around 2MB of memory left for further syncs which delayed the sync process and often the sync did not stop at all. The OS was MW5.0, and this was upgraded with a patch and the OS was made to the latest one and then we were able to have memory of about 10 to 12 MB after synchronizing for data, and was working fine for further sync. But my advice is better to have 128MB in order to have a faster sync and for future extensions.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aswini

I suggest you refer to the Product Availability Matrix of MI for exact details and the same can be viewed here. http://service.sap.com/nw-mi

Navigate to MI in Detail -> Product Availability Matrix->Product Availability Matrix NW2004 Mobile Infrastructure

Best Regards

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aswini,

Actually 64 MB is sufficient, if you are not using RFID. In that case 128MB will be required.

But it would be better if you go 128MB even if you are not using RFID for good performance.

Regards,

Rahul