cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about external jar files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to know where shall I place the external jar files for WebDynpro DC.

I know to add an external jar file for a project is easy, but how to make sure this file will be packaged in ear & can be access on the server. I wonder this file should be placed in a specific folder like WEB-INF\lib

Any experience?

Thanks,

William

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi william,

To refer jar file in a dc project, first the jar file should be deployed in library of server. Since the jar file can't be dployed, first create a library dc project and include the jar file in it. This also can't be deployed in server. Inorder to deploy this to J2ee library, create a j2ee library dc project and refer the first library project to this. After it's deployment, refer this j2ee library in Library tab and in used DCs of of webdynpro project.

For more info, Refer the following

/people/valery.silaev/blog/2005/09/14/a-bit-of-impractical-scripting-for-web-dynpro

If the nwds is of lower version, then we should follow the following weblog

/people/bala.krishnan2/blog/2006/09/25/bid-adieu-to-bots--using-captchas

Regards

Fahad Hamsa

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Willam,

Follow this procedure to achive it.

1. Create a new DC .

2.Create a package under the src\packages.

3.Once you have that export the jars into the a package.

4.Expose the package as public part entity reference.(Selecting can be package as an SDA option.)

5.Build the DC.

6.Add this DC into the used DC of your application DC where the jars are been used set the dependency to be strong and build time.

Regards

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Try this this may work:

Add the external jar files (in the Java build path) by using the properties in the context menu (right click) of WD project then again the context menu of WD project and deploy.

Regards,

SURYA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

These blogs will help you package the files in ear.

Blog 1: /people/valery.silaev/blog/2005/09/14/a-bit-of-impractical-scripting-for-web-dynpro

Blog2 : /people/bala.krishnan2/blog/2006/09/25/bid-adieu-to-bots--using-captchas