cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disaster Recovery for XI - any experiences in setting this up?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have been volunteered to set up the DR of our XI 3.0 system running under Unix/Oracle. We are planning to set up a standby database and perform log shipping to it for database changes, but what other items do I need to consider? Do you have any experiences of setting this up or tips - perhaps learnt the hard way - that might be helpful?

I'm looking at setting up Unix scripts to replicate sca deployment files, mounting NFS directories with relevant filesystems, and repointing FTP file transfers as appropriate. Other hints have come from the HA for XI document which includes comments like replacing actual with virtual hostnames.

Advice or comments would be welcome,

Regards,

Graham

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Graham

In my previous role, we set this up.

We had a full O/S backup and full DB13 backups.

we would then go off site and do a restore/rebuild and then process messages through. It would be rebuilt as an exact clone and then we would update the DNS server to repoint the hostname/to IP addresses.

We didn't go for the automatic scripts. just a twice daily backup. We only did this for our Production system. All new changes can be retransported if they fell between the two backups. This was done on a Windows2003 cluster with Oracle DB/Oracle FailSave.

Not sure if that will help....

ps. it makes a nice change to get intelligent, well thought out questions in here!