cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Commodity Codes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

how do we maintain length for a commodity code.

i want to maintain a length of 12 characters for a specific country commodity code.

how do i go about it. is it config or easy access (data maintainance)

please help !

thanks in advance

Sunil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sunil,

In IMG you can follow this path:

IMG -> Materials Management -> Purchasing -> Foreign Trade / Customs -> Basic Data for Foreign Trade - > Length of Commodity Code / Import Code Number

This can be reached directly using VI68 t-code, give Country Key, give 1 for import / reciept or 2 for export / dispatch and then finally give length of commodity code say 12 in your case and save in CTS number.

Regards,

Syed Nasir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Syed,

I also have a list of commodity codes, how will i upload all of them, and what is the table that it will get stored in?

For EU and non EU member countries....

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

To upload a commodity code we have the following transactions:

VE94 - Load Commodity Code – European Union

VI94 - Load Import Code Number – European Union

VEU4 - Load Commodity Code – Non European Union

All these t-codes are for mass upload of commodity codes,

These values will get stored in T604 table.

Regards,

Syed Nasir.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am gettin error, file not found.

is it the file containing commodity codes to be in specif format or be placed in special folder of system.

do you have a user manual, if yes please forward it to my id

sunil.r.sd@gmail.com

as it is very urgent, customs dept of client is putting lot of pressure on us to do this immediately

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mail sent

Please check your mail.

Reward if helpful,

Syed Nasir.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

In addition to the above steps, you need to <b>Upload the Commodities Codes</b> and the procedure is given below:

To upload a commodity code we have the following transactions:

Load Commodity Code – European Union VE94

Load Import Code Number – European Union VI 94

Load Commodity Code – Non European Union VEU4

Before executing any of these transactions, we need to maintain / select a “text” file.

Maintain a 12 digit commodity code (length) followed by the description of the commodity code. Save it as a text file in Drive C / D

Firstly: VE94: Load Commodity Code – European Union

In the main screen input the following values:

Country = GB

Language = EN

Source Drive = C

Initial Item goods number = 1 Final Item goods number = 10

Initial Item goods text = 11 Final Item goods text = 999

Description for these terms:

Initial Item goods number: This is the first digit or the starting digit of the commodity code.

Final Item goods number: This is the last digit or the ending digit of the commodity code.

Initial Item goods text: This is the starting point or the first alphabet of the text that is maintained for the commodity code. This always comes after the commodity code and it starts from the point where the total length of the commodity code ends. Say if the length is 12, then the text starts from 13.

Final Item goods text: This is the ending point or the last alphabet of the text that is maintained for the commodity code. It can be any number after 13 and can go upto 999 in terms of number of characters.

Click on the check box and hit “Insert Table” icon to insert this commodity code and its description in the T604 Table.

To check the values in T604 table, go to SE16N T-code and put the table name T604 and the commodity code newly uploaded and execute it.

Load Import Code Number – European Union&#61672;Secondly: VI94

(For this T-code follow the same procedure as shown for VE94)

Load Commodity Code – Non European Union&#61672;Thirdly: VEU4

(For this T-code follow the same procedure as shown for VE94. The only difference is we need to enter a Non – European member country in the “Country” field.)

Hope the above would be useful.

Reward points

Rgds,

Ramakrishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Use T-code VI68 to maintain length of commodity codes.

This is a config change and requires a CTS number to modify / alter.

Hope this will help you out

Regards,

Syed Nasir