cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to send meeting request by mail adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm doing scenario from file to mail. I have a sender file adapter to pick up the meeting request standard format file(*.ics) from file system. On the other side I have a receiver mail adapter to send mail. What I want to do is the sent mail by mail adapter should be a meeting request instead of a normal email with meeting request as its attachment.

I use localejbs/AF_Modules/MessageTransformBean as first module in mail adapter, but the sent mail is also a normal with meeting request as its attachment. This is not what I expected.

I also created own module for mail adapter to realize it. Do I need to change the format of meeting reqeust information in payload? Actually I have chance to do it in module. But what should I do? Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

madanmohan_agrawal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you resolved this? If yes, please share how you solved, since I am having the same requirement.

Thanks,

Madan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Krishna:

Thanks for your reply.

Actually the content of ics file is like:

BEGIN:VCALENDAR

PRODID:-//Microsoft Corporation//Outlook 11.0 MIMEDIR//EN

VERSION:2.0

METHOD:REQUEST

BEGIN:VEVENT

ATTENDEE;CN="Wu, Oscar";ROLE=REQ-PARTICIPANT;RSVP=TRUE:MAILTO:oscar.wu@sap.com

ORGANIZER:MAILTO:oscar.wu@sap.com

DTSTART:20070626T130000Z

DTEND:20070626T150000Z

TRANSP:OPAQUE

SEQUENCE:0

UID:040000008200E00074C5B7101A82E00800000000F067E9BB0DB8C7010000000000000000100

00000C7423D530FE8744687B0C7C08D4CAA58

DTSTAMP:20070626T104913Z

DESCRIPTION:Meeting request without attachment\n

SUMMARY:Test appointment

PRIORITY:5

X-MICROSOFT-CDO-IMPORTANCE:1

CLASS:PUBLIC

BEGIN:VALARM

TRIGGER:-PT15M

ACTION:DISPLAY

DESCRIPTION:Reminder

END:VALARM

END:VEVENT

END:VCALENDAR

this content is content of meeting request based on RFC 822, what I want is not get the content itself in mail, I want the mail adapter send a meeting request out automatically when it get this content.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Based on the 2 options XIALL and XIPAYLOAD available in the mail adaper, I wonder if you would be able to override the properties of these 2 default options that basically use the content of the incoming message even if you use an adapter module.

regards

krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

>>>What I want to do is the sent mail by mail adapter should be a meeting request instead of a normal email with meeting request as its attachment.

Do you mean you want the content of the email should be the content of the ICS file?

regards

krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Actually, I selected XIPAYLOAD for mail adapter. And I did change the content of payload in my own module. I change the original content of payload to the content based on XI mail package schema. But it still didn't work. Any other idea?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In XIPAYLOAD mode, the payload of the XI message is used to create the mail message, right?

So, even if you convert the payload to content based on XI mail package schema in your adapter module, i believe it will only route whatever that is coming in the payload.

regards

krishna