cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPIs and WebDynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all!

I'm trying to access some bapis from a webdypro application and when creating the JCo Connections with the webdynpro content administrator i get the following error when i test them:

'com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (102) RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: Connect to message server host failed Connect_PM TYPE=B MSHOST=sapdv GROUP=PUBLIC R3NAME=ID1 MSSERV=sapmsID1 PCS=1 ERROR service 'sapmsID1' unknown TIME Wed Jun 15 16:53:38 2005 RELEASE 640 COMPONENT NI (network interface) VERSION 37 RC -3 MODULE ninti.c LINE 494 DETAIL NiPGetServByName2: service 'sapmsID1' not found SYSTEM CALL getservbyname_r COUNTER 1 '

In the Data Type settings i set the Dictionary Metadata radio button, is it ok? or i have to set application data?

Can anybody help me solve this problem???

I hope so.

thx n rgds.

Gregory.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gregory,

You have to create 2 connections for the webdynpro application to work(if it has to access a RFC/BAPI). "WD_MODELDATA_DEST" and "WD_RFC_METADATA_DEST" are the 2 default connections referfed by the application.

For configuring Jco destination referring to the metadata ("WD_RFC_METADATA_DEST") you have to choose the "Data Type" as "Dictionary Meta Data". In the next screen, the "Message Server" will be listed in the drop-down. For this getting this information you may have to update the "C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\et\services" file with the correct entry "sapms<<SAP Instance name>> <<Message server port>>/tcp".

Make sure you are able to login to the SAP system using the "Groups" login. If you are not able to "Generate the list" and login then check with the BASIS team for the problem.

If you require any further details, let me know.

Regards,

Santhosh.C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx Santhosh.C.

It solves my problem.

Regards.

Gregory.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gregory/Santhosh,

I am also facing the same issue while re-creating the standard JCo (WD_RFC_METADATA_DEST).

I am not able to generate the list in logon pad as specified in the last mail. Can you kindly help me with this issue?

I have J2EE system as J2E and R/3 system as ESR. So which port should be defined and in which system:

a) sapmsESR 3601/tcp

b) sapmsJ2E 3601/tcp

FYI: The R/3 system I have is a single server and not a load balanced server. What should i do to create the METADATA Jco Destination.

TIA.

Puneet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Puneet,

Make the entry sapmsESR 3601/tcp in services file.There will be only a single value in the message server dropdown

The meta data destination configuration is the same as model data configuration except that the data type should be defined as dictionary meta data

Regards

Rohit

Answers (0)