cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete user configuration of UIElements ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This post is related to my previous one. A user has accidentaly set the "visible" configuration property of the Image UIelement of a component to false.

Since the Image element is not displayed anymore he cannot switch it back to true.

1. How can reinitialize the user configuration of UIElements for my component ?

2. Is there a way to disable the user configurations ?

Best Regards,

Olivier MATT

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Yashpal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

are u taking about the personalization done by a user then , all the invisble element made are available on right click under the settings->invisble elements.

regards

Yash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Yashal I had not seen this option.

You solved my problem

SergioFerrari
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think the following WDA is very useful wd_analyze_config_use.

Here it is possible to delete personalizations.

Sergio

Yashpal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hey u forgot to assign me points.:-)........................

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

User configurations done at design time cannot be reset. Instead, a better thing to do will be do bind these configurations to context attributes and give default values for the attributes.

For eg, you can have a 'image_visible' attribute of type wdui_visibility or char01 and set the default value as visible. When you want to make it invisible, you will be doing it only in the event handler where you want to change the visiblity. Otherwise, you make sure its visible.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Nithya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nithya,

The property is already bound to a context attribute and its value is set to abap_true which should make the element visible.

But it seems that user configurations are overriding these parameters. I have no clue how to reset the user configuration for Image UIElements of my component.

Any idea?

Best regards,

Olivier MATT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Olivier,

When we bind the property to the context element, we do not use the usual 'Visible/None' values that are available in the properties tab. You have to click on the button next to the property and select the context attribute to which it is bound.

Regards,

Nithya

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Nithya,

This is exactly what I have done and the UIElement is still not displayed

Any other idea?

Regards,

Olivier MATT