cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pages embedded in a page

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please accept my apologizes if this question looks basic, I am a real newbie in Portal/VC.

I want to have a page divided in six parts ;

as the standard layouts are pretty limited, I thought about the following :

create three pages with 2 columns, and integrate those three pages into a 'cover' page.

The system let me do it without restrictions, but despite the fact each page with 2 columns is showing the correct result (from iView), the 'cover' page remains blank....

Any idea ? Am I missing a setting ? Did somebody achieve that, already ?!

Ch

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member206397
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I got your problem. But I am not a portal guy. But I have some idea about portal.

I have send you the link because you are giving the labour two times once in VC another in Portal. If you can create the same thing in VC very structured way so why will you first work wirh VC( to Create seaprate iView) then go to Portal(to create individual page and integrate within one page). So as per my suggestin it is better to solve the problem using VC.

But it is up to you what solution you will use.

Thanks

Chandan

former_member206397
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You know you can do it in VC through layer creation. If you have not gone through it, please go through the link. You will get a good solution.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/34/3b61324134432c8cb3240f0ed54010/frameset.htm

Thanks

Chandan

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are not answering my question, you are proposing a workaround.

(thank you anyway)

The thing is, I don't want to do it at model level ;

I want to be able to create, say, six independent iViews,

then link them all in one page in a certain layout that requires to have pages embedded in each other.

Ch

Former Member
0 Kudos

I suggest you ask this question in the Portal forum, not in the Visual Composer forum.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, will do.

Thanks for help.

Ch

former_member206397
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please tell me how have you assigned page within the page. Because it is not possible in VC to create a page within a page.

Thanks

Chandan

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is done at portal level, not a VC level.

Right click in portal content management, create new page A.

Right click in portal content management, create new page B.

Open page A in edit mode.

Right click page B and choose "add page to page" ; it's done.

Ch