cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

passing Java system properties through NetWeaver Web AS 6.4

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to pass some information to a Web ap running in Web AS 6.4. The information is system properties (<i>java</i> command line "-D" args).

I have added the properties to sap\J2E\JC00\j2ee\cluster\instance.properties (5 places). I also used Config Tool to add them to the instance, dispatcher, and server nodes (as "Java parameters"). The properties don't get through to NetWeaver.

This posting mentions <b>cmdline.properties</b>. I can't find reference to that in the docs.

Can someone advise the most appropriate way to do this (i.e., using cmdline.properties or otherwise)? Eventually, I want to specify the properties in a platform-indepentdent way.

James Walkup

MomentumSI Inc.

Austin, Texas, USA

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi James,

That posting is about WebAS 6.20 - there are no cmdline.properties in 6.40. The Config Tool is the right way to do what you want in 6.40. But you must also delete the file /usr/sap/J2E/JC00/j2ee/cluster/instance.properties.vmprop after applying the changes and before restarting the cluster.

Hope that helps!

Vladimir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vladimir,

Thanks for the tip about cmdline.properties.

I [twice] stopped WAS (J2E icon in MMC in Config Tool), applied the changes, deleted vmprop, and restarted everything. A new version of vmprop was created.

When I cycle the Web app with Visual Administrator, it still behaves as though it doesn't know about the system properties.

I don't know where to set the properties so I put them in "Java parameters" for each of:

instance_IDxxx

--Message Server and Bootstrap

--Servers General

dispatcher_IDyyy

--General

--Bootstrap

server_IDzzz

--General

--Bootstrap

Using Config Tool, where is the proper place to specify the properties?

James

Former Member
0 Kudos

Success! I'm not sure whether the outcome results from all those settings [or which in particular] with Deploy Tool (and deleting instance.properties.vmprop) or from kluging instance.properties and SDM\program\config\sdm_jstartup.properties. More research is needed. Thanks again to Mr. Vladimir.

Answers (0)