cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could I put entire message into a field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to put entire message content into a field?

My purpose is when XI receives lots of message and I want to find a specific message, I cannot search the message content in SXMB_MONI. So, my idea is to create a database table and put message in it.

Current design is create several key fields for key fields of XI message and a content field to put entire message.

Is it a good idea?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dennys,

You can create a ZSXMB_MONI for this type of requirements. With this you can search your message with any value from the payload. Check this weblog on how to do this:

/people/alessandro.guarneri/blog/2006/02/14/super-message-monitor-for-sap-xi

Regards,

---Satish

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dennys,

Ask your basis team to install TREX. You dont need to save the contents in that case to database.

Installation and configuration of TREX takes around half a day. Search in SAP MarketPlace for TREX installation guide.

Regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

To Raj:

I find these items in extended filter, but where should I put the search words ?

• Message ID

• References Messages

• Engine

• Error Category

• Error Code

To Sumit:

I asked our basis team, they said we don't use TREX. So, is there any other solution?

I still think database is ok, I just want to record the log of messages. Could I put entire message payload into a field ?

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dennys,

I think without TREX searching payload is not possible. You can see the available selection option criteria in: Right most icon of configure table columns in Message monitoring tab(Its in bottom of the page).

Best regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi dennys,

<i> asked our basis team, they said we don't use TREX</i>

Its okay but why cant you ask them to install TREX. I dont think TREX as a software costs money.

Secondly why do you want to insert the payload in a field and store in db. The payload is already stored in DB , so why replicate.

You can surely pass the whole XML in a field. XSLT Mapping will help you .

Regards,

sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

In XI, you can search the messages based on the values or data directly. You can do this in Runtime work bench.

hence i am not sure why you are planning to store the mesages again in a database?

null

Former Member
0 Kudos

To Satish :

Thanks, but it's for IDOC. I don't have IDOC scenarios, but I have lots of RFC, JMS and JDBC scenarios.

To Sarath:

Thanks, do you mean "Message Monitoring" in runtime workbench ? I don't find a search function in it, could you tell me where is it?

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dennys,

In RWB of message monitoring , you can find show additional search criteria, using that u can search.

One more thing if you want to search based on the payload values and all, then I'll suggest u TREX search engine is the best option. You can find the message based on payload content too.

Best regards,

raj.