cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDI installation - Usage type selection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Im installing the JDI. I have a very basic doubt. Im using the NW04S dvd's for the installation.

1. I have selected the DI (type AS Java) ? is that correct ?

2. Also im following the NW04S SR2 Java pdf for the follow up activites..is it correct ??

Would appreciate your reply !!

Thanks

Sourav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The link you have given is showing some other netweaver document but not the JDI post installation document for the migration..can you please refer me to the correct link..

Thanks

Sourav

Jordan_Stanchev
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

you to use the NWDI you have to install usage types:

1. AS Java - this is a must for NWDI.

2. usage type Development Infrastructure (DI), which is actually the SAP NetWeaver Development Infrastructure (or NWDI in short).

You have to follow the installation guides for the 2004s. they are on the service marketplace: http://service.sap.com/instguides -> SAP NetWeaver -> SAP NetWeaver 7.0 (2004s) -> Installation.

when you have finally installed the NWDI, you follow the link to the post-installation tasks in order to configure the NWDI server (that is to configure DTR, CBS and CMS).

Kind regards, Jordan

Message was edited by:

Jordan Stanchev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your prompt reply..your answers cleared my confusion..

I have one more question..we are doing a JDI heterogenoues migration from AIX, Oracle 10.2.0.2 to HPUX IA 64 bit, ORACLE 10.2.0.2.

What are the post installation steps that i need to follow..please point out a specific document for the post sys copy steps for JDI !!

Would appreciate once again your replies....

Thanks

Sourav

nilayghosh
Active Participant
nilayghosh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, for your question no. 1, the answer is yes. For question 2, I am not sure which document are you pointing to. Please mention the URL for the same.

You can refer to the official SAP help for NWDI (JDI) installation

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/44/60dc1943c2311ce10000000a155369/frameset.htm

Pls. let me know if it does not help.