Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eventing between iView on different pages and different models

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Though I read carefully as many related posts as possible,

I haven’t been able to determine a definite answer to the following question.

I am creating an ‘application’ that will show several graphs about a month n in the portal. Each graph is an iView in a different page, and I want the iViews to be completely independent. I mean, I can’t go for the option of having all the iViews in the same model.

Therefore, I have to design each iView with an event in,

They would receive as parameter, the month n issued as event out of a first iView.

I have not been able to have those iView communicating with each others up to now.

I saw that maybe Guided Procedure would be an alternative, but fear that I then have to pass in the graphs in the exact same following order each time, which I want to avoid.

Any pointer is welcome.

Ch

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its possible to pass values through using GP , but the user cant navigate to-fro among the iViews .

I have a suggestion for you , i am not sure why you are against building all the graphs in a single model (Single iView).

You can very much build all the graphs in a single graphs with all the data services and just provide a drop-down for the use to select a graph at any given time. And try hiding and unhiding accordingly. You also place next and previous and achieve a GP kind of flow with to-fro navigation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your trial, Jan.

Using one single model is not an option (and I know how to do it should I decide to go that way).

Think about authorizations, for instance : user1 can see graph a b c and user2 can see graph a d e.

If the graphs are all in a big iView, I can't segregate graphs b c d e that are not common to the two users. If each graph is in a different iView/page, I can assign them one by one.

Another application of the concept : if I have a 'summary' page and a 'detailed' page, showing the same graph but at a different size, for instance : going for the 'indenpendancy' solution allows me to re-use exactly the same iView, just the layout properties would be changed at 'portal' level.

Ch

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are correct Christian, i didn't see that far.

That was a good point. If you have found an alternative for GP which doesnt allow the user to navigate back , do share with me .