cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Fax

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are on SAP 4.6 C and upgrading to sap ERP 2005 in the next year. We are planning on having a fax solution in place.

I have read about SAP COMM / SAPCONNECT/ SAPLPD + SAPFAX.

Which is the right solution for us? is there another latest technology that i have not heard about.

SAPCOMM will be obslete. between the other 2 which is right way to go?

What are your recommendations

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Blair,

How do i set up SAPCONNECT node in the RFC SM59. If i have a HP fax machine should i have any HP specific program for faxing installed on the SAP server..

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks you for your Reply Blair.

I would like to get a clarification on the steps that i need to do to have this working

1) Configure the Fax - in the IMG SAPCONNECt -> General settings i have changed the fax method to SAP connect

2) We already have our printer cum fax HP machine set up as an output device in SAP 'F015'.

So in the out put messages for a PO i selected the option NEU and Medium as FAX, in the communcation details it took the fax number. I do not see of how it is going to use the output device F015

blair_towe2
Participant
0 Kudos

Good afternoon, SK - As you mentioned, SAPCOMM will be obsolete, and SAPLPD is not a preferred method of printing anymore either. So we use SAPCONNECT (transaction code SCOT) to send our fax documents to an external fax system (Rightfax, in our case; TopCall is another option, as is HP Output Management). SAPFAX I believe actually refers to the interface, not the fact that SAP actually has any fax capabilities. If you choose the communication method "Fax", the packet is sent out of SAPCONNECT in a certain format so that external fax packages can interpret the data and then the external fax package handles the actual sending of the fax. With Rightfax, and probably with the other packages as well, you will get a status notification back in Tcode SCOT to show the success or failure of the delivery of the message.

I hope that helps some!

Regards,

Blair Towe