cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM Serialization and Inbound Processing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Please look over the scenario below and make suggestions for the best way to handle.

A) - IDocs are being sent from R/3

B) - IDocs should be sent to the partner's web service sequentially and in the order received

Constraints:

1) - we have to use BPM for logging response from Webservice.

1) - this has to be real time, cannot collect and send at a later time

I have a few ideas but none are 100% so suggestions are welcomed

Thanks in advance

sincerely,

NM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bumping for more responses....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for responding Moorthy

Please see further below in <b>bold</b> for comments.

The areas I am uncertain about are as follows:

1) How do I ensure that when a message is sent by the R/3 system it is assigned to the existing instance of the BPM OR if there is none, a new instance is created.

2) What are the steps in this BPM? - each IDOC has to be received and appended to the list of IDOCS (if there is no active instance of the BPM a new one should be created). At the same time, the BPM should be looping through the IDOC list and processing accordingly.

The documentation (online and how-to) regarding use of SWF_INB_CONF (new version) is not clear to me. Perhaps this is the problem.

<b>Moorthy Wrote:</b>

<i>As I undestand is this your scenario ? IDOC>XI>Webservice (Sync)..</i>

<b>NM Writes: This is the correct scenario, with key requirements being - serialization and real-time to the webservice</b>

<b>Moorthy Wrote:</b>

<i>If so, send the IDOC to XI and receive the same in BPM and use Queuing concept in BPM to send the IDOC as you received.</i> <b>

NM Writes: Can you elaborate - this is the key issue - how is this done. A step-by-step will be appreciated</b>

Now to get the response back, probably you need to plan for correlation for the message id so that you can relate the response for the specific message..

<b>NM: The link between response and request is already working. It's the above issues that are unclear...

Thanks again Moorthy.</b>

sincerely,

NM

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I undestand is this your scenario ? IDOC>XI>Webservice (Sync)..

If so, send the IDOC to XI and receive the same in BPM and use Queuing concept in BPM to send the IDOC as you received. Now to get the response back, probably you need to plan for correlation for the message id so that you can relate the response for the specific message..

Hope may give some hints

Rgds,

Moorthy