cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to exit from webdynpro?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to exit a webdynpo component with the help of an exit plug of a window. Can anyone tell me how and where to fire this plug.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Satheesh Raja.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mohammed_anzys
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

This blog explains a step by step approach.

/people/mohammed.anzys/blog/2007/06/05/how-to-close-parent-window-in-webdynpro-applications

Thanks

Anzy

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need help in this. Can anyone give me some answers.

For your information:

I'm running my webdynpro application as a standalone unit and not integrated it with the portal.

Regards,

Satheesh Raja.

mohammed_anzys
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Did you code the script in your WD application in the SICF transaction.

Thanks

Anzy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anzy,

Yes. I coded the script in the SICF transaction for my service

<html><body onload="setTimeout('top.close()', 100);"></body></html>

But nothing happens when CLOSE button is clicked. The CLOSE button in the view is linked to an inbound plug in Window and the handle of this inbound plug fires an exit plug of the same window.

For your information:

I'm running the Webdynpro application separately without any integration with the portal.

Regards,

Satheesh Raja.

mohammed_anzys
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you restart your WD service in your SICF.

Thanks

Anzy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anzy,

I don't have any idea about restarting the service in SICF. Can you please guide me through this.

Thanks & Regards,

Satheesh Raja.

mohammed_anzys
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satheesh,

Go to SICF transaction , go to your service ..right click...you will seee deactivate option...First deactivate the service and then activate it again...this is how you restart the service...try that ...

Thanks

Anzy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anzy,

I restarted the service and still it doesn't work.

Regards,

Satheesh Raja.

mohammed_anzys
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satheesh,

In the SICF , in your application , go to logg off configuration , there are two radio buttons available ..make sure that you have selected the Explicit response time...not the other one..

Thanks

Anzy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anzy,

Yes, I marked the radiobutton "Explicit Response Time". But even when I select the radiobutton "Redirect to URL" with the redirection page as WWW.SAP.COM, it doesn't work.

Regards,

Satheesh Raja.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anzy,

Yes, I marked the radiobutton "Explicit Response Time". But even when I select the radiobutton "Redirect to URL" with the redirection page as WWW.SAP.COM, it doesn't work.

Regards,

Satheesh Raja.

mohammed_anzys
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satheesh,

Its bit strange , but can you please check whether the exit plug from the window is getting called.It will be some small problem.

Thanks

Anzy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anzy,

My exit plug is fired, but navigation at this point does not happen in debugging.

f_View_Inst->Navigate(

Outbound_Plug = Outbound_Plug

Parameters = Parameters[] ).

No navigation after this point.

Moreover my webdynpro application is called as a link from the portal and it opens a separate window for my webdynpro application. To be more precise my application runs separately from portal and the initial data to my application is supplied by the portal.

Does this mean that my application is linked to the portal. If yes, do we have any other means of closing the application.

Thanks & Regards,

Satheesh Raja.

mohammed_anzys
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satheesh,

The code will work in portal also...i have tried and tested it..i have some questions.

1.The exit plug is of type 'exit' right and interface.

Thanks

Anzy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anzy,

I'd fired the exit plug of type EXIT and Interface.

Regards,

Satheesh Raja.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks for your replies.

My requirement is to close a webdynpro application. I followed the following documentation and it doesn't work.

/people/mohammed.anzys/blog/2007/06/05/how-to-close-parent-window-in-webdynpro-applications

Can anyone have any clue where I might have went wrong. The exit plug is fired but nothing happens after that. I need the application to be closed when the user presses close button in the application.

Regards,

Satheesh Raja.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satheesh,

Can you please explain a bit more about ur requirement?

As far as I have understood you want to exit the component only and not the application that means you have another component.

If this is the scenario then you have to go for Window to view mapping.

That means, you have to connect this outbound plug with the inbound plug in other component's view.

I hope this helps.

If i am wrong please excuse me.

Sumit

former_member188831
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sateesh,

please explain little more about u r requirement, like how sumit asked you.

really u want exit application or view and switch to another view etc..

Thanks,

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satheesh,

Kindly check the standard wxample WDT_QUIZ, WDR_TEST_EXT_PLUG2

and WDR_TEST_WINDOWS.

These example have used the exit plug in their applications.

Hope this will help you.

Cheers,

Darshna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

watch this <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/45/1bc575ba064574e10000000a114a6b/frameset.htm">documentation</a>

grtz,

Koen