Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no workflow when deleting confirmation

sap_2605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SAP gurus,

We are in SAP server 550 with SP08. In our company we are using approval workflow for Confirmation. Because the standard workflow is not sufficient we are using WS10400020 because we're then able to use BADI to determine the first approver dynamically. This works fine when we create confirmation to receive goods, and the workflow is triggered nicely.

However when we cancel the confirmation the same workflow is triggered. This is actually not specific to this WF, as if we're using one-step WF it is giving the same thing.

The problem is that user dont want the workflow is triggered when the confirmation is cancelled. I try to find the parameter that differentiate in the starting condition, but I cannot find one.

Can anyone suggest a solution on this?

Best regards,

John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

khan_voyalpadusman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Workflow is started based on the security level of the user.

1.) Please check the security level of the user.

2) In the workflow modules , there is one flag 'restart' , in which function module i dont remember correctly.

if this flag is set to 'X' , then workflow is restarted.

there is one function module 'BBP_PDH_WFL_START( exact name i dont remember ) , there will be one parameter restart , which specifies wether to start the workflow again (or) not.

sap_2605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Khan,

Thanks for the reply. However my problem is to prevent the workflow to start if we create confirmation which is a cancellation of another confirmation. So not to re-start a workflow.

Best regards,

John

khan_voyalpadusman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi john,

I am afraid but when you say that the confirmation is created on cancellation of another confirmation , workflow will always start , because you are creating a new document.

system only knows that you are creating a new document and will start the workflow.

Or else you can try to set up the conditions in the workflow customizing , where in you have to identify wether the newly created confirmation already has another confirmation link, and then stop trigger in that case.

Answers (0)