cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Field Label

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I built a WebDynpro-Application (Java) and use InputFields on my View, which refer to DDIC-data elements. In addition I defined labels for these InputFields. If I deploy the Application, the WD-Framework automatically generates the correspondig Simple Types. Unfortunatelly the field label of the Java Simple Type corresponds to the middle field label of the DDIC data element. Is it possible to refer to the defined long field labels?

Thanx for your help.

Greetings,

Hennes

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SimpleType attributes in the dictionary, For SimpleType element you can define the Field Label by using Label entry.You define label to corresponding to InputField.

In the view Label UI element if you map Label for attribute to corresponding SimpleType attributes defined in the dictionary

Rgds

-SS

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Rainer,

Do you mean the description of the simple type ?

Well try this in that case:

You'll have to programatically set the label rather then automatic(seems to me the only possible way to achive it because WDF by default picks up the field label.)

in the wdDoModifyView at in if(firstTime) set them explicitly to the value

wdContext.getNodeInfo().getAttribute("Model Attribute associated with the simple type").getSimpleType().getDescription();

Regards

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

thanks for this alternative solution. You are right - WDF by DEFAULT picks up the (middle) field label from the DDIC-Element. In ABAP you can define three different kinds of field labels (short, middle and long). Isn't it possible to configure the WDF in such a manner that the Framework picks the long field label of the DDIC-Element?

Thanx,

Rainer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranier,

While creating an simple type there is an option Field Label,u can enter the label name there....then bind that simple type to label r textview r inputfield...that given label name will be displayed in runtime..........

Regards,

Suresh.T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar, hi Suresh,

thanks for your reply. I'm sorry for my indistinct explanation. I don't define the simple type manually in the Java Dictionary - I rather define the DDIC-Elements in my ABAP-Backend-System and use it via function modules (model objects) in my WebDynpro-Component. When I create the model in my WD-Application, the WD-Framework automatically builds the congruent Java simple types dependent on the import- and export-parameters of the function module. And these simple types include the middle field description, which are defined as field label in the ABAP-Backend-System. Is it possible to configure the WD-Framework in such a manner, that the created simple types refer to the long field description?

Thanx for your help again.