cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCo Server does not start

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to create and start a JCoIDoc.Server on a Web Application Server 700 system. Because I could not find the required classes in the trfc.jar archive on the server I downloaded and packaged the required java connector classes sapidoc.jar and sapidocjco.jar in my EAR file.

The deployment works fine and the server should be started automatically by a servlet. There are no error entries in the logfile. In addition I can see my own entries in the logfile that the servlet was executed an the server started.

Nevertheless I can not send anything from an ECC 5.0 system to my java connector server. Using the "netstat -a" command in a DOS console on the Java server I can not even see that the port for incomming idocs is listening.

Having a look at the ECC 5.0 system using transaction "smgw" I do not see the my JCo Server

Has anybody an idea what goes wrong or if I forgot anything to realize? The code is quite similar to the jco sample code.

Or is it in general not possible to start a JCoIDoc.Server on a Web Application Server 700 system?

Best regards,

Markus

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you should have no problem doing this....

However -- as you downloaded the Idoc libraries instead of extracting them for the tar...?

a) make sure they are accessible (on the classpath) They may need to be in the same directory as the JCO...

b) make sure they are compatible... read up on the download page and in sapnotes which version exactly you need...

Or ask your friendly basis admin where he stashed them and use the ones coming with the installation...

Enjoy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got a feedback from SAP. It is generally not possible to integrate the IDoc classes in WAS 700 and to start an IDoc server.

This feature will be possible with WAS 710.

Best regards,

Markus