cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitoring, archiving and deletion of XML messages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

the messages which can be seen in XML monitor are stored in a DB, right? So now I am wondering:

- How long are these messages persistet in DB per default?

- If no archive / deletion job has been configured after XI installation, it makes no difference what persist duration has been configured, as there are no archiving jobs and so the messages / the monitoring will never be cleaned up?

- When messages are archived: What happens to the xml files? They are no longer in the DB, but on file system?

- When I try to monitor archived XML messages: Can they be viewed in the same way as if they were not archived yet in the XML monitor? So the difference is just the location of the XML files: They are no longer directly in the DB, but the DB contains a link to the "outsourced" xml files?

Thanks in advance.

CHRIS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for the answers so far, points rewarded.

I am still wondering if archived messages are accessed just the same way as recent messages (via SXMB XML Moni)?

CHRIS

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>>I am still wondering if archived messages are accessed just the same way as recent messages (via SXMB XML Moni)?

of course, you have the fitler option in sxmb_moni

regards

krishna

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>the messages which can be seen in XML monitor are stored in a DB, right?

right

>>>- How long are these messages persistet in DB per default?

as long as you don't archive and delete them

>>>- When messages are archived: What happens to the xml files? They are no longer in the DB, but on file system?

indeed

Regards,

michal