cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checksum in file adapters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

1. Please can anyone explain what is Checksum and how we can use that in File adapters? Expecting your valid replies soon.

2. Please explain how File Adapter handles duplicate records?

Thanks and regards,

Harikumar.S

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>1. Please can anyone explain what is Checksum and

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Checksum

>>>we can use that in File adapters?

in standard we cannot use it

>>>2. Please explain how File Adapter handles duplicate records?

file adapter doesn't care about duplicates

you need to handle that in your BPM or in application system

Regards,

michal

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your kind replies.

Regards,

Harikumar. S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harikumar,

<i>explain what is Checksum and how we can use that in File adapters</i> - Checksum is a way to check whether the data in a recived file is proper or not....it can be by counting the bytes of file and then putting it at end of file....when receiver receives the target file it checks the total bytes of the recived file and matches with count..........if the count matches then the received file is valid........

File adapter provided in XI does not handle checksum by itself.......

<i>Please explain how File Adapter handles duplicate records</i> - File adapter by itself does not handle duplicate records.........to check for duplicate records, you will have to apply some sort of JAVA mapping at interface mapping and then in the mapping you can generate a mapping exception and send a alert for duplicate records received...........or if you just need to remove the duplicate records, then in java mapping you can just eliminate the redundancy of records.........

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We can check Duplicate by making a user defined function which check anynumber that is always differnt in file. Restore these number at some place and check through that.

Regards

Hemant