cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xwindows required for config tool?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are running NW2004s on AIX UNIX DB2. Can you run the configtool from your windows front end PC by copying the "configtool" directory to your windows PC and running configtool.bat? Someone told me you can only run this on the sever side with Xwindows. When attempting to connect to the configtool remotely via a windows server, we get the following message

"Secure Store lib Dir does not exist /sapmnt/ND2/global/security/lib\tools"

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David

Are you able to run configtool/SDM remotely?

Pls let me know if you are able to run it.

Amar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can connect visual admin remotely from any kind of machine by just copying the admin directory and creating a new connection.Only thing is that jdk has to be installed on that machine.

But i am afarid that you cannot connect configtool remotely by just copying configtool directory.I mean i know its not possible but in case you find a solution let me know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check the configtool directory .. there should be a console only version of configtool which you can use to change the VM settings (at least there is one for Linux, I do not know for sure whether this is available on AIX as well)

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

On Unix you need Xwindows to run configtool or Visual admin

Thanks

Prince Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the help. I do not see a way to modify the properties of the JVM through Visual Admin though. Only the Kerenl or Dispatcher. Do you have to use the Configtool to modify JVM settings? Thank You.