<RecordStatus>cxc</RecordStatus>

<ValidStartDate/>

<ValidEndDate/>

<BrandUsage/>

</CUSTOMS_NO>

</dataroot>

</ns0:Message1>

</ns0:Messages>

I have a requirement that if <CustomsTariffNumber17> of <L8_CUSTOMS_NO> matches with <CustomsTariffNoNumber17> of <Q2_dataroot> then map <CustomsRegionCode> of <Q2_dataroot> with the target <CustomsRegionCode>.

Other elements of target will be mapped from the corresponding elements of <L8_CUSTOMS_NO>.

I am facing some issues while doing this. Please let me know if you have any solutions.

Thanks

Mukesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mukesh,

The occurrences of L8_dataroot and Q2_dataroot of source and dataroot of target are unbounded? can u please confirm it.

Best regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>>I have a requirement that if <CustomsTariffNumber17> of <L8_CUSTOMS_NO> matches with <CustomsTariffNoNumber17> of <Q2_dataroot> then map <CustomsRegionCode> of <Q2_dataroot> with the target <CustomsRegionCode>.

YOur requirment can be easily achieved by a combinations of "equals" standard function and "If" boolean funtion

regards

krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

both <L8_dataroot> and <Q2_dataroot> are unbounded.

SO simple if condition will not work. we have to loop over <Q2_dataroot> and see if there is any matching element for <CustomsTariffNumber17> then only map <CustomsRegionCode> to the target element. And i am facing problem while doing this looping.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is your exact looping pblm

You dont have to specify an explicit loop say for eg inside a UDF. By default, during runtime, the subnodes of Q2_dataroot will be looped over for how many ever occurrences of the same. Check "Display Queues" to have an understanding of what i am talking about

regards

krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.

I have checking the queue and got the idea that equals and if condition will not work because, lets assume that I have <CustomsTariffNumber17>10</CustomsTariffNumber17> is in 10th position from message1 and <CustomsTariffNoNumber17>10</CustomsTariffNoNumber17> is in 20th position then it will never find that and result will be false though there is a match.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukesh,

create a UDF, take input both <L8_dataroot> and <Q2_dataroot> and return output as "true" or false" depending on the match condition........send <L8_dataroot> as such, but change the context of <Q2_dataroot> by right-clicking it and selecting context-level to message2.........then for each <L8_dataroot> you will have all the values of <Q2_dataroot>.....then in graphical mapping, take output of UDF to splitbyvalue function and then to creatif function and then to root target node...........create another UDF by taking same inputs, but in output take the <Q2_dataroot> to target node CustomsRegionCode... both the UDFs will return string and both UDF will have same logic to check in a for loop the data of first argument in the array of second argument......This will solve your this mapping issue.

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Write a UDF having three inputs that and UDF will be a queue.

If a<i>.equals(B<i>) result.Addvalue(c<i>).

Use this condition.

The answer will be ok.

Regards

Hemant

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mukesh,

I asked you for Occurrences, but I haven't got reply based on the assumptions I did the below logic. First please see the structure , if its correct then see the logic below.

http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=623182139&size=o

I've used 3 UDF's in order to achieve the same.

UDF 1 - To create target CUSTOMS_NO root.

[argument 1 - L8_tariffnum, argument 2 - Q2_tariffnum,type - Queue]

for(int i=0;i<L8_tariffnum.length;i++)

{

for(int j=0;j<Q2_tariffnum.length;j++)

{

if( L8_tariffnum<i>.equals(Q2_tariffnum[j]))

{

result.addValue("");

}

else

{

result.addSuppress();

}

}

}

UDF 2 - To create sub-elements in CUSTOMS_NO[Except CustomsRegionCode]

[argument 1 - input,argument 2 - L8_tariffnum, argument 3 - Q2_tariffnum,type - Queue]

{

{

if( L8_tariffnum<b>[</b>i<b>]</b>.equals(Q2_tariffnum[j]))

{

result.addValue(""input<b>[</b>i<b>]</b>"");

}

else

{

result.addSuppress();

}

}

}

UDF 3 - To create sub-element CustomsRegionCode in CUSTOMS_NO[only]

[argument 1 - input,argument 2 - L8_tariffnum, argument 3 - Q2_tariffnum,type - Queue]

//The only difference btw UDF 2& 3 is based on returning i & j.

{

{

if( L8_tariffnum<b>[</b>i<b>]</b>.equals(Q2_tariffnum[j]))

{

result.addValue(""input[j]"");

}

else

{

result.addSuppress();

}

}

}

Now, lets come to the logic.

CustomsTariffNumber17[input 1:change context to L8_dataroot], CustomsTariffNumber17[input 2:change context to Q2_dataroot] -

><b>UDF1</b> -

>CUSTOMS_NO.

RecordType[input 1:change context to L8_dataroot],CustomsTariffNumber17[input 2:change context to L8_dataroot], CustomsTariffNumber17[input 3:change context to Q2_dataroot] -

><b>UDF2</b>------->RecordType.

CustomsRegionCode[input 1:change context to Q2_dataroot],CustomsTariffNumber17[input 2:change context to L8_dataroot], CustomsTariffNumber17[input 3:change context to Q2_dataroot]--

><b>UDF3</b>--

> CustomsRegionCode

CountryCode[input 1:change context to L8_dataroot],CustomsTariffNumber17[input 2:change context to L8_dataroot], CustomsTariffNumber17[input 3:change context to Q2_dataroot] -

><b>UDF2</b>------->

CountryCode.

CustomsTariffNumber17[input 1:change context to L8_dataroot],CustomsTariffNumber17[input 2:change context to L8_dataroot], CustomsTariffNumber17[input 3:change context to Q2_dataroot] -

><b>UDF2</b>------->CustomsTariffNumber17.

LanguageCode[input 1:change context to L8_dataroot],CustomsTariffNumber17[input 2:change context to L8_dataroot], CustomsTariffNumber17[input 3:change context to Q2_dataroot] -

><b>UDF2</b>------->LanguageCode.

Description[input 1:change context to L8_dataroot],CustomsTariffNumber17[input 2:change context to L8_dataroot], CustomsTariffNumber17[input 3:change context to Q2_dataroot] -

><b>UDF2</b>------->Description.

UpdateCode[input 1:change context to L8_dataroot],CustomsTariffNumber17[input 2:change context to L8_dataroot], CustomsTariffNumber17[input 3:change context to Q2_dataroot] -

><b>UDF2</b>------->UpdateCode.

IdentificationFootwearInvoice[input 1:change context to L8_dataroot],CustomsTariffNumber17[input 2:change context to L8_dataroot], CustomsTariffNumber17[input 3:change context to Q2_dataroot] -

><b>UDF2</b>------->IdentificationFootwearInvoice.

RecordStatus[input 1:change context to L8_dataroot],CustomsTariffNumber17[input 2:change context to L8_dataroot], CustomsTariffNumber17[input 3:change context to Q2_dataroot] -

><b>UDF2</b>------->RecordStatus.

ValidStartDate[input 1:change context to L8_dataroot],CustomsTariffNumber17[input 2:change context to L8_dataroot], CustomsTariffNumber17[input 3:change context to Q2_dataroot] -

><b>UDF2</b>------->ValidStartDate.

ValidEndDate[input 1:change context to L8_dataroot],CustomsTariffNumber17[input 2:change context to L8_dataroot], CustomsTariffNumber17[input 3:change context to Q2_dataroot] -

><b>UDF2</b>------->ValidEndDate.

BrandUsage[input 1:change context to L8_dataroot],CustomsTariffNumber17[input 2:change context to L8_dataroot], CustomsTariffNumber17[input 3:change context to Q2_dataroot] -

><b>UDF2</b>------->BrandUsage.

Please note that, UDF 1 is used only for creating root node CUSTOMS_NO , UDF 3 is used only for creating CustomsRegionCode, UDF 2 is used for creating the rest of the target elements.

I hope it helps you. If you have any doubt , kindly revert back.

Best regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Wat are the issues u r facing

Regards

Hemant

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not able to create the target elements based on the above mentioned condition.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mukesh

Use the "Display Queue" option to debug which node in the mapping causes the some element to be "suppressed" in the target

regards

krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you please let me know what logic needs to be put to create the element <CustomesRegionCode> in the target.