cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

customer master

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Can any one please tell how to change the division once the customer record has been saved. customer was created using xd01 transaction. i have tried to do it using transaction xd02 but the division is field is in grey and would not let me change it . please suggest the best way to do it.

thanks in advance

regards

ravi vinjamuri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tips: InReference section if you do not maintain the combination of Reference Sales Organization, Reference Distiribution Channel & Reference Division, It will give an error message & will not allow to proceed.

Regards,

rajesh Banka

Reward suitable points.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You cannot change the Division of Customer Master. However, you can extend the customer master.

To Extend the Customer Master, use T.Code: XD01

In the initial screen, following are the Input Fields:

(This part is for the Extention of existing Customer Master)

Select Account Group (normally it is Sold to Party)

Customer Master Code

Company Code

Sales Organization

Distribution Channel

Division

(This part is for reference Customer Master)

Reference Customer Master Code

Reference Comapny Code

Reference Sales Organization

Reference Distribution Channel

Reference Division

--> ENTER

By default most of the Data will be copied, but some may not be copied, so maintian them & SAVE.

Now the customer will be available for the extended Sales Area also.

Hope the above is helpful.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Reward points if helpful. By rewarding points you promote an contributor to contribute more & even you earn a point. The space to allocate point is on the left side of the responders solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

U NEED TO USE AGAIN XD01 AND CREATE OR EXTEND THE CUSTOMER TO U R DIVISION.

OR TRY WITH COMMON DIVISIONS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus

Please can some can explain me how to delete pricing condition record(permanently from the system).

Not from the vk13 T .code.

can we or we can not?

Thanks

Kris

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

u have to do define common distribution channels and divisoins

path: spro--sd---master data -

define common dc and divisons

then it will work.

reward points

enjoy

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

go to transaction code XD02 and enter your account group and customer number and the sales org, distribution channel and division prefered and save it

this will resolve your problem

REward points if the answer is helpful

REgards,

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry the transaction code is XD01

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi murali,

thanks for you reply, i have tried according to your suggestion. by doing so i could able to create the customer but when i was checking if the customer has been created by using transaction code xd03 , i was getting an error message saying "this customer is not deifned for the sales area". can you please explain whay it is like that.

Actually here is the scenario.

i was trying to extend the customer from one company code's sales area to other company code sales area. for example lets say

from company code 5709 to 5710 and the sales area is from 5709/00/03 to 5710/00/03.

so can you please suggest me if there is any other way of extending the customer or what is the best way to do it.

thanks

ravi k vinjamuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

go to assignments and check whether you have assigned the sales organisation , distribution channel and division to your new company code.

hope this will reslove your problem

Reward points if the answer is helpful

Regards,

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

is your problem solved

Pls reward points if the answer was helpful

REgards,

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can extend the customer to second division and use it. This can be done by going to XD01 and put the existing customer as reference customer.

Go to XD06 and then delete (Flag for deletion)the first creation.

regards

AK

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ayub,

thanks for you reply, i have tried according to your suggestion. by doing so i could able to create the customer but when i was checking if the customer has been created by using transaction code xd03 , i was getting an error message saying "this customer is not deifned for the sales area". can you please explain whay it is like that.

Actually here is the scenario.

i was trying to extend the customer from one company code's sales area to other company code sales area. for example lets say

from company code 5709 to 5710 and the sales area is from 5709/00/03 to 5710/00/03.

so can you please suggest me if there is any other way of extending the customer or what is the best way to do it.

thanks

ravi k vinjamuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

First check if the sales area 5710/00/03 has been maintained and if it is maintained go back to XD03 and try again check your entries.

And yes a customer created in one company codes sales area can be extended to another subject to condition that sales area assignments are maintained properly.

To extend a customer best way is XD01 but make sure your entries are correct.

Hope it helps

regards

AK

Please reward points if helpful