Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

file to idoc

former_member613487
Discoverer
0 Kudos

hi ,

I am working in file to idoc scenario. m facing problem with 1: N mapping where idoc is created for particular field that is repeated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think u can go to File Content Conversion.

For eg: If u have a file like:

H1

D1

and H1 come one and D1 can be multiple.....Then u can split file using H1 field......

Whenever H1 comes just break into a separate file and make a idoc.

Go through these:

For Sender

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/06/08/how-to-send-a-flat-file-with-various-field-lengths-and-variable-substructures-to-xi-30

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2004/12/15/how-to-send-a-flat-file-with-fixed-lengths-to-xi-30-using-a-central-file-adapter

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/01/06/how-to-process-csv-data-with-xi-file-adapter

/people/anish.abraham2/blog/2005/06/08/content-conversion-patternrandom-content-in-input-file

For Receiver:

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/02/file-receiver-with-content-conversion

Regards

Hemant

Awards points if find helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Little hard to understand your question, but I assume you want to convert incoming file to many Idocs.

Make sure the Idoc occurrence is set to

minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="Unbounded"

to be able to spit out as many as you want.

To do this you take the Idoc's .xsd file (XSD tab when you look at it in XI), export it to a file, tweak it like this:

<xsd:element name="IDOC" type="NameOfIDOC" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>

and import it as an external definition that you use in the mapping.

In your mapping, make sure that the IDOC field is mapped/will be created for every occurrence of a specific field in each record in your incoming file.

Get back to me if it is unclear...

regards Ole

former_member187437
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi can you be more specific?