Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to revert back the developer keys assigned to a user

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i have assigned developer keys to five users,i want to revert back the developer keys assigned to them,How do we do that???? Kindly give ur suggestions if u have come across this issue

regards

renjy

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is no use to try to take away the dev key. THE ONLY WAY preventing users from using a DEV KEY in a system is to give them a different UID. DEV KEY is an value calculated by an algorithem based on UID, SYSTEMNUMBER and some other things. So anyone that uses a UID in a system and knows their DEV KEY can reenter the same value when the system asks for it and can continue using it, even aftter you have manually removed it from the table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

To my knowledge there is no <b>specific</b> SAP standard transaction for administrating DEVACCESS, and we were advised to write a little program of our own if we wanted this.

In addition to what Auke pointed out, removing the keys does add an additional benefit in that someone else cannot just take the key if they can unlock or recreate the account. That makes "the wall" just a little bit higher but still going in the right direction.

It also means that they might have to put the key back... so you can find that in the table log if you turn it on.

Cheers,

Julius