cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP JRA in Adapter module

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are developing an Adapter module for "File Sender Adapter" and in that we have a requirement to call an RFC. We are trying to use SAP JRA (Java Resource Adapter) for doing this as we do not want to hard code the password in the module by using direct JCO connections.

Using JRA we are able to invoke RFC in our adapter module but the message payload does not go to the next module (Standard module) in the chain. We identified that as soon as we get the connection handle using statement:

Connection connection = connectionfactory.getConnection();

message is not going to next module in the chain. We are also not getting any error or exception anywhere. It is just that the message is not getting processed. Any help or idea would be appreciated.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

James,

try increasing the JRA connection pool size...we were adviced to do so in response to the OSS raised...you can give it a try...(it dint work in our case anyways )

check out my blog on the same...from here..

/people/amol.joshi2/blog

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol

Thanks for response. I was following your weblog only to implement this and stuck at this problem. Increasing connection pool size does not help me either. Any other idea on this.

James

Former Member
0 Kudos

check this blog...

/people/amol.joshi2/blog/2007/01/29/rfc-calls-from-adapter-modulesthe-web-service-way

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol

I am going to try this one today and get back to you how it goes.

James

Former Member
0 Kudos

it will ...i have this thing running smoothly in production with a moderate message load...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol

I was not able to this today as I do not having authorization in our development system for exposing RFC as webservice and waiting for the authorization.

I want to know if I expose the RFC as webservice in development server, will it be transported via normal ABAP transport procedure in the landscape (will this require any change in config etc.) or I need to expose it separately in different server.

James

Former Member
0 Kudos

James,

dont worry. Its a normal ABAP transport with only one difference being one normal req + 1 customizing request gets created.

Regards,

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Amol

Your answers are very helpfull. Once I get the required authorisations, I will try this and post here how it goes.

James

Answers (0)