regards

sridhar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

When modifying the SAP R/3 System to suit your company's specific requirements, it may be necessary to create new data fields or to use standard existing fields in functions in addition. You may also have to develop new requirements and routines.

For modifications of this kind, you must ensure that your changes are protected when upgrading to a new release. Using the modification concept presented below, you can make changes as in the examples described and be certain that your changes will not be lost in any subsequent upgrade to a new release. No guarantee can be given for any other changes or modifications.

The following areas are used to modify the respective functions in Sales and Distribution. In particular,

to use existing fields for your functions

to create new data fields for your functions

to fill new data fields with existing document fields

to define new requirements and formulas

The finest example for enhancements at sales and distribution would be at conditon technique.

A factor in the condition technique that restricts access to a condition table.The system only accesses a condition table to determine the price if the requirement specified has been met.

For Example: The system uses an access sequence to determine the price of a material. One of the accesses in the sequence contains the requirement "in foreign currency." The system only uses the table behind this access if the sales order for which the price must be calculated is in a foreign currency.

SAP Customer Enhancement (CMOD)

When I started to 'play' around with SAP Business Warehouse (BW aka BI), I thought that I would forever leave the role as a "programmer" behind. I thought, finally, I can concentrate more on "configuration" and "designing".

Well today proves that inevitably, it all boils down to good ol' hacks. You see, I want to create this report which includes a Quarter-to-date (QTD) columns. But, instead of creating a variable where the user enters which quarter the month resides in, I want to be able to use the existing 0FISCPER variable already created previously. So, what I need to do is create a customer Exit variable which will take the value of 0FISCPER variable, and find the appropriate QTD range.

Unfortunately, this customer Exit, can only be created using ABAP codes, and not just a simple Formula thingy. So here's what I did:

· Went into SAP enhancement screen (T-code: CMOD) and create a new project.

· Add the following enhancement assignment: RSR00001 (Enhancements for global variables in reporting)

· Adopt the existing include sample functions and start changing the include file 'ZXRSRU01'.

Here's some descriptive info on what you need to do in the function:

I_VNAM: The variable name.

i_t_var_range: contains all the information about the other query variables available in BW.

l_s_range_low: Is the low limit value of the variable. For non-interval variable, this is the value.

l_s_range_high: Is the high limit value of the variable. Make sense only for interval type variables.

l_s_range-sign: denotes whether it's 'I' inclusive, or 'E' exclusive. Again, make sense for interval type only.

l_s_range-opt: what type of variable, either 'EQ' equal-type, or 'BT' between-type (interval).

Another lesson that I learn in ABAP is that:

some_variable = A + B

not equal to:

concatenate A B into some_variable

In other words, string not the same as add operation. I assumed it's like Java fixed string, which is not.

Refer below link
http://sap.niraj.tripod.com/id21.html

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

In addition to above, Enhancements are like the client requirements which can do through Standard Sap or some requirements are like which can not be done through the Standard SAP but by using User Exit.

Eg:- Client to asking while creation of Sales Order, the requirement is like they need the POP up of Dropship( Ship to Party for which the goods are going to different Country like).

By using the USER EXIT ( Ex:- MV45AFZZ ) we can do this Requirement.

For All Enhancements the Client will send the Requirement to the Functional Consultant and for which the Functional Consultant has to Prepare Functional Specification and hand over it to Abaper and the Abaper will write the Technical Specification and after getting the Approval from client start working on this.

Hope this Clarifies Your Doubts and Please Reward If Really Helpful,

Thanks and Regards,

Sateesh.Kandula

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Enhancements are nothing but user exits. To find out the userexit for a particular purpose, do the following.

SPRO--SDSYSTEM MODIFICATIONS-USER EXITS.

In this go to the link which is relevant for you, for ex. crdt mngt.

There check teh documentation, it can give you some user exits like LVKMPTZZ

Now using this, go to SE38 and give the progm name as LVKMP* and put F4.

This will give you all the user exits relevant for crdt mngt.Using the description of the user exit, you can select the one which is fitting ur purpose and you can enhance theprocess with your code.

Reward point if it helps.