cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

StringListToXML not parsing a string list with quote

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've been trying to parse this string out to XML but not successful due to the quotes.

Sample string:

A Test,N/A,N/A,-,N/A,N/A,-,N/A,N/A,-,"1,454","1,604",10%,100.0%,69.0%,(31%),375,302,(19%),375,208,(44%), 25.34 , 40.79 ,(61%),10,-

I've leaving the properties as they are and also tried to set the StripQuotes to 0. And it is still returning the value "1,454" as 2 row items, 1 and 454.

Is this a bug? If it is, is there any other way to tokenize the string?

Cheers,

Yin San

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sufw
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Yin San,

what service release of xMII are you running? I believe the StringListToXml action in 11.5.2 (SR2) ignored the "StripQuotes" property and never removed quotes from the input string. In version 11.5.3 (SR3), this has been fixed. Maybe upgrading might help?

Sascha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sascha,

I'm using 11.5.3. StringListToXML does not treat "1,234" as one item. With StripQuotes set to True, return items are 1 and 234. With StripQuotes set to False, return items are "1 and 234".

So, I'm going to try Rick's suggestion to use a WebScrapper and Regex.

Yin San

0 Kudos

Yin San,

You can also change the delimeter to be something other than a comma in 11.5.3 which will solve your second problem of stripping the quotes.

-Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can probably use the "WebScraper" and a regex expression to achieve the a better result. The WebScraper is basically just a generic regex processor.

- Rick