cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tms configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is ftp is required for tms configuration?

i am trying to configure 3 system configuration.

if it so how to configure ftp?

regards

vijay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any particular reason you want to use ftp for tms config. FTP is not reqd to configure tms.

Cheers,

Bidwan

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am having common transport directory in one server. i am trying to transport from developments server i did this its also transported,but its not coming to the common directory. why is it so?? do u have any idea?

regfards

vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ay transport that u release in any system should come to the common trans directory without fail...Is this a new installtion?...Are you cnfiguring the TMS for the first time...?..

Did u configure TMS as described below?

If yes there should be no probs...

Configuring the Transport Domain Controller

Procedure

To configure a system as the transport domain controller, proceed as follows:

1. Log onto client 000 in the R/3 System which you want to configure as the transport domain controller.

2. Call transaction STMS.

Sie gelangen in das Dialogfenster TMS: Configure Transport Domain is displayed.

3. Enter the name and a short description of the transport domain.

The name of the transport domain may not contain blanks. The name of the transport domain may not be changed afterwards without reconfiguring the domain controller.

4. If your R/3 System consists of several application servers, you can choose a server for the TMS.

5. Save your entries.

The following actions are performed in your R/3 System:

o User TMSADM is created.

o The RFC destinations required for the TMS are generated.

o The TMS configuration is stored in the transport directory.

Result

The configuration of the transport domain is now complete for this R/3 System. The initial screen of transaction STMS shows that this system is now used as the domain controller of the transport domain.

Including R/3 Systems in the Transport Domain

Prerequisites

Once you have configured an R/3 System as the transport domain controller, you can include all the other systems in the transport domain.

You can do this in two steps:

1. Apply for inclusion in the transport domain

2. Confirm inclusion with the transport domain controller

Procedure

To include an R/3 System in the transport domain, proceed as follows:

1. Log on in client 000 in the R/3 System which you want to include in the transport domain.

If your systems have a common transport directory, TMS automatically proposes that you include this R/3 System in the transport domain when you call the transaction.

The TMS: Include System in Transport Domain appears, displaying the name of the transport domain and the address data of the domain controller.

If your R/3 System consists of several application servers, you can choose a server for the TMS.

3. Save your entries.

The following actions are performed on your R/3 System:

o User TMSADM is created.

o The RFC destinations required for the TMS are generated.

o The address data is sent to the domain controller.

The initial screen of transaction STMS indicates that the system is waiting for inclusion in the transport domain.

For safety reasons, the domain controller must confirm inclusion of the R/3 System.

To confirm inclusion of the system in the transport domain, proceed as follows:

1. Log onto the R/3 System used as the domain controller.

3. Choose Overview  Systems.

This takes you to the system overview.

The Status column shows that an R/3 System is waiting to be included in the transport domain.

4. Position the cursor on this R/3 System and choose R/3 System  Accept.

5. Confirm the prompt and distribute the configuration.

This R/3 System now contains the necessary information about all the other R/3 Systems of the transport domain. The address data of the new R/3 System is also sent to all the other R/3 Systems.

To reject the inclusion of an R/3 System in the transport domain, choose R/3 System  Delete in the system overview of the domain controller.

Result

The configuration of the transport domain is now complete for this R/3 System.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks bidwan,

i am doing this for a first time..thats why i am facing alot of problem .

thanks for helping..can u give ur mailid so that if i have any problem further means i ll contact u in that??

thanks and regards

vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vijay,

No problems...

We are not suppose to give our e-mail ids thro this forum...coz doing this we will deprive others of 'knowledge sharing' who might be facing the same issue that we are discussing about. We will end up e-mailing between us...Please create threads everytime you face problems.

If e-mail would have been a good option, whats the use of Forums!

Cheers,

Bidwan

Answers (0)