cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confirmation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai

In the Internal activity - Normal duration in days and Workcenter - duration in hours. When i am confirming the acitivity - Confirmation window pops up for the Network.

In this when i am confirming(partially - manually) for the activity - degree of processing as 10% - the work duration of the activity is getting reduced. when i check(with zoom factor) in the Planning board the bar is not having any impact on the actuals( activity bar is in Actual time bar)

Should be there any change in the actual dates confirmation or not?

If i change the dates manually(in the internal activity - dates tab)then Bar for that activity is getting changed.

what is the relationship of the actual dates ?

Is this like this : Work duration for the activity is been confirmed with degree Processing on a particular day?

If not what for the option given for actual dates confirmation?

guide me to solve this problem.

Regards

PP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pratap,

The Purpose of giving option to change actual date in the confirmation is as follows:

1.The system proposes the actual date for confirmation as per the configuration for “Propose dates” in “Confirmation parameter” (OPST).

2.You can change this default dates by entering your own date. The purpose is that the system will propose the dates as per the factory calendar, say 5 days in that week. But you might have worked for all seven days in that week. In this case you can remove the system date and input your own date or duration

3. Next time when you confirm the activity, then this date will become the actual start date. But this may not be true. You might have started work some other day. In this case also, you may wish to change the system proposed dates.

You are very right that the actual confirmation of the work means “The amount of work which was confirmed on that particular day”. (You can either give % of work or actual work)

Irrespective of whether you change the actual date or not change it, the actual date bar must appear. Please check the settings in the options—planning board—Settings – Set of dates-- Select Basic date and Actual dates. Also ckech the settings for Colour display of this bar ( In options)

Please confirm that this is what you were looking for. Otherwise please repost the question with little more details.

Warm regards,

Srinivas Potluri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Srinivas

Thanks for ur help.

If the Planned is 100hrs and work completed in 50hrs.In this scenario if the activity is confirmed finally for the 50hrs - will in the Gantt /bar chart show as Finished activity.

The confimed activity will show in network graphic as finished like crossed across diagonals.

is there any option to show in Gantt /bar chart for the confirmed activity.

Regards

PP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai

Got the solution but as View.

With CN41 transaction the barchart shows the difference.

Regards

PP

Answers (0)